Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is now much more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are suffering from health conditions such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a bad way. Most people typically assume that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make a few simple changes that can start to make a positive impact to our daily eating habits.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil can also be healthy for your skin since it is an excellent source of vitamin E. If you presently are consuming lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with deadly chemicals. Looking for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the option of eating foods that still have almost all of the nutrients which are typically lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vegetarian pho (vietnamese noodle soup) recipe. To cook vegetarian pho (vietnamese noodle soup) you need 22 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup):
- Get of Soup Broth.
- Use of sweet onion peeled and quartered.
- You need of piece ginger (about 2 inch) peeled and halved length wise.
- Get of full nutmeg (you can also use a small cinnamon stick).
- Use of garlic.
- Take of coriander, cilantro, or basil.
- Prepare of carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped.
- You need of vegetable stock.
- Provide of soy sauce.
- Use of Noodles.
- Provide of flat rice noodle (I used thicker noodles but use according to preference).
- Take of Toppings.
- Take of extra firm fried until crispy tofu (you can substitute any protein you desire here such as chicken, beef, beans, etc).
- Take of mushrooms (by preference, I like shitake for asian dishes).
- Take of vegetables of your choice (I used bok choy and borccoli).
- Provide of Garnishes.
- Get of bean sprouts.
- Get of cilantro (a handful is usually good).
- You need of chile pepper, or any hot pepper, sliced.
- Use of lime cut into slices.
- You need of stock green onion, sliced into small pieces.
- Prepare of your favorite sauces such as Hoisin, Sriracha, etc.
Steps to make Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup):
- For the broth:.
- Char the onion and ginger under the broiler until slightly black (about 5 minutes per side).
- Dry roast star anise, nut meg and cilantro in a large pot over medium heat until you can smell the flavors. Stir to prevent burning..
- Once flavors are aromatic, add the vegetable stock, soy sauce, charred onion and ginger. Bring to a boil and let simmer for about 30 minutes. Reduce heat and keep hot until ready to serve..
- For the noodles:.
- In a medium pot, bring water to a boil. Once water is boiled, turn off heat, add noodles, cover and let cook for 5-7 minutes (or follow package directions). Remove from heat, drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking..
- For Toppings:.
- Prepare however you desire. I fried the tofu in oil until crispy and cooked the veggies until slightly wilted and warmed throughout. Season as desired, but note the flavor of the broth is the main seasoning for the whole dish.
- For the garnishes:.
- Prepare garnishes and arrange on a plate. Add the desired amount of garnishes to your own dish once meal is prepared and served..
If you find this Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup) recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.