Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Salisbury steak and gravy recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Salisbury steak and gravy recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Deciding to eat healthily offers many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are numerous diseases linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. Although we’re constantly being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that many people assume it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, though, to make a few simple changes that can start to make a difference to our daily eating habits.
One way to approach this to begin seeing some results is to realize that you do not have to alter everything instantly or that you need to entirely do away with certain foods from your diet. Even more important than completely altering your diet is just simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever you can. As you get accustomed to the taste of healthy foods, you will discover that you’re eating more healthily than before. Like many other habits, change takes place over a period of time and once a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you won’t feel the need to revert to your old diet.
Evidently, it’s not at all difficult to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to salisbury steak and gravy recipe. You can have salisbury steak and gravy using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Salisbury steak and gravy:
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- Provide 1/3 cup of bread crumbs.
- Provide 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 packages of onion soup mix.
- You need 2/3 tsp of pepper or to taste.
- Get 2/3 tsp of garlic or to taste.
- You need 3 tbsp of bacon grease or shortening.
- Use 3 tbsp of flour.
- Get 3 of cubes of beef bullion.
- Provide 3 of or more cups of hot water and put the bullion cubes in it i say 3 or more cups depending on how thin or thick you want your gravy.
Instructions to make Salisbury steak and gravy:
- Mix ground beef onion soup mix pepper garlic bread crumbs and egg in a large bowl.
- Take about a large meatball size and roll it in your hands into a log like shape and Smoosh it so it looks like a steak shape instead of a hamburger patty.
- Put your steaks in a large pan with a lid and cook until meat is thoroughly cooked flipping once..
- Remove your steaks from pan onto a platter or plate while you make your gravy.
- Add in your bacon grease or shortening cook until it's liquified.
- Add in your flour.
- Stir be sure to get out all clumps it will look kind of pasty.. keep cooking it until it's a dark brown gravy kind of color but not enough to burn it.
- Quickly add in your water with bullion cubes.
- Stir vigorously you want smooth gravy put lid on pan and let it boil for a min then turn the heat on low and put the patties in cook for about 3 minutes more..p.s if you made your gravy too thin add some flour to a cup and pour a little cold water in it and stir..then pour it in the gravy and mix it in..let thicken..gravy does thicken as it cools if it's too thick add more liquid.
If you find this Salisbury steak and gravy recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.