Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Mike's Spicy Hot & Sour Dumpling Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Mike's Spicy Hot & Sour Dumpling Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's Spicy Hot & Sour Dumpling Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Opting to eat healthily offers marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who suffer from health problems such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Even though we’re constantly being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that a lot of people assume it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by making several simple changes.
One way to address this to start seeing some results is to realize that you do not need to alter everything instantly or that you should altogether eliminate certain foods from your diet. If you desire to commit to a wholesale change, that is okay but the main thing at first is to try to ensure that you are making more healthy eating choices. As you become accustomed to the taste of healthy foods, you will discover that you’re eating more healthily than you used to. Gradually, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will completely replace the way you ate before.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's spicy hot & sour dumpling soup recipe. To cook mike's spicy hot & sour dumpling soup you need 21 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Mike's Spicy Hot & Sour Dumpling Soup:
- Prepare of Quality Hot & Sour Soup.
- Provide of Frozen Small Steamed Meat & Mushroom Dumplings [your choice – steamed in microwave].
- Use of Beef Broth [instead of water – but substitute the exact amount manufacture calls for].
- You need of Fresh Thai Basil [chopped + reserves for garnish].
- Use of Sushi Nori [dried seaweed – broken into small pieces – be careful with these as they can taste pretty fishy!].
- Get of Fresh Mint [chopped + reserves for garnish – optional].
- Take of Thai Chilies [minced – optional].
- Use of Coconut Milk [optional – only if you want that Thai flavor].
- Prepare of Water Chestnuts [chopped].
- You need of Fresh Bean Sprouts.
- Prepare of Lemon Grass [fine minced].
- Get of Fresh Chives [minced].
- Get of Lime Juice.
- You need of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare of Quality Fish Sauce.
- You need of Red Pepper Flakes.
- Take of Fresh Garlic [smashed & minced].
- Take of Pickled Ginger [minced].
- Take of Hard Boiled Eggs.
- Provide of Chow Mein Noodles.
- Take of Corn Starch & 1 tbsp Water [mixed well & added to your simmering pot – optional – only if you want to thicken your broth].
Instructions to make Mike's Spicy Hot & Sour Dumpling Soup:
- This and the next three photos below are what you'll need. Lemon Grass and sprouts not pictured. Sorry, it was late and I forgot..
- Coconut milk, soy sauce, Thai Chilies and fresh garlic cloves pictured..
- Water Chestnuts pictured..
- Boil your eggs. Bring eggs to a boil and shut off heat. Let set for 18 minutes covered, then chill. I always have boiled eggs at the ready in my fridge so that always saves some precious time for me..
- Quick chop what herbs that need be. Including garlic. Chives, Thai Basil, fresh mint and red pepper flakes pictured below..
- Microwave your dumplings as per your manufactures directions. Usually 1 minute is all it takes. You can easily find these delicious little juicy bad boys at your local Asian market. Or, even Costco or Sams Club if you have a membership there..
- Add everything except for boiled eggs and garnishments and simmer your soup. Add your corn starch and water mixture at end of high simmer if you want to thicken your broth. After all, you do want your broth to literally cling to your dumplings..
- Then, add your pre-steamed hot dumplings and gently stir..
- Garnish your soup with fresh Thai Basil, fresh mint, and top with sliced boiled eggs. Also, add crunchy Chow Mein Noodles. Serve with sides of Soy Sauce, fish sauce and chilled pickled Ginger. Enjoy your tiny midnight taste of Thailand!.
If you find this Mike's Spicy Hot & Sour Dumpling Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.