Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Roasted Tomato Basil Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Roasted Tomato Basil Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Roasted Tomato Basil Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is nowadays a great deal more popular than before and rightfully so. There are a lot of diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a bad way. In all probability, most people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by making several small changes.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you go to the grocery as it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, have you ever checked how much sugar and salt are in your preferred cereal? A great healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been shown to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy each day. By adding fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
Therefore, it should be quite obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to roasted tomato basil soup recipe. You can cook roasted tomato basil soup using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Roasted Tomato Basil Soup:
- Provide of large hothouse tomatoes, seeded and sliced into 4.
- Get of large onion, chopped.
- Get of sliced tomatoes (28oz.), with their juices.
- Prepare of kosher salt.
- Use of black pepper.
- You need of garlic, minced.
- Provide of unsalted butter.
- You need of red pepper flakes.
- Get of basil leaves.
- Prepare of fresh thyme leaves.
- Use of chicken stock.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- You need of olive oil, to sauté.
- Take of heavy whipping cream.
Instructions to make Roasted Tomato Basil Soup:
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a bowl, toss the seeded sliced tomatoes, 1/4 cup olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread the tomatoes,in one layer on a baking sheet and roast for 45 minutes..
- Meanwhile, in a large pot over medium heat, using the 2 tablespoon olive oil and 2 tablespoon butter, saute the onions, garlic, and red pepper flakes for 10 minutes until the onions start to brown..
- Add the canned tomatoes, basil, thyme, and chicken stock. Turn down the heat to low..
- Remove the roasted tomatoes out of the oven when done. Carefully peel off the skin on all of the tomatoes. Add the tomatoes, including the liquid from the baking sheet to the pot mixture..
- Turn the heat back up to medium and bring the pot to a boil..
- Add the heavy cream into the pot and simmer uncovered for 40 minutes..
- Use a blender to chop the tomatoes into smaller pieces and pulse it for 1 second on and 1 second off. Do this three times..
- Season with more salt and pepper if needed. Add chopped fresh basil to garnish. Serve hot..
If you find this Roasted Tomato Basil Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.