Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Homemade Split Pea Soup with Ham recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Homemade Split Pea Soup with Ham recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Homemade Split Pea Soup with Ham recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is nowadays a good deal more popular than before and rightfully so. There are a number of diseases associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to follow a more healthy lifestyle and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets call for a great deal of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by making a few small changes.
You can obtain results without removing foods from your diet or make considerable changes right away. Even more important than entirely altering your diet is just substituting healthy eating choices whenever possible. As you get used to the taste of healthy foods, you will discover that you’re eating more healthily than before. Like many other habits, change occurs over a period of time and as soon as a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you will not feel the need to revert to your old diet.
Evidently, it’s not at all difficult to start integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to homemade split pea soup with ham recipe. To make homemade split pea soup with ham you only need 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Homemade Split Pea Soup with Ham:
- Take of split dried peas rinsed very well (I do not soak my split peas overnight).
- Provide of medium to large carrots cleaned and chopped into round nickel size.
- Prepare of celery cleaned and diced, I do not dice the white or the leaf stalks of the celery. I toss in the diced and the rest using them for flavour.
- You need of Option: ham (I cubed for her) I prefer no meat, although ham adds flavour.
- You need of medium boxes : I do not measure : I covered the peas with Organic Low Sodium Chicken broth.
- Provide of large sweet onion diced.
- Provide of garlic minced.
- Take of Milk about 1 to 1-1/2 cups.
- Provide of nutmeg.
- You need of Salt and pepper to taste.. I used kosher salt and fresh ground peppet.
Steps to make Homemade Split Pea Soup with Ham:
- Using a large heavy gage pot. I used about 1/4 cup of olive oil..
- I allowed the pot get hot, poured out n rinsed split peas with diced carrots, onion, garlic, all of the celery pieces.
- Sauté until the vegetables are almost tender. Pour in slowly both boxes of low sodium chicken broth. Stir,.
- Place heat on medium high until it almost boils. Turn heat on low, allow to cook, about 20 minutes.
- Option: I like mine creamy, I use unsweetened almond milk. My friend brought skim milk..
- Once the soup is almost finished I like to use an Emersion hand blender to help thicken my soup.
- Option: I like a teaspoon full of A good plain green yogurt on top.
- Last but not least Enjoy 😊.
If you find this Homemade Split Pea Soup with Ham recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.