Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Caramelized Tomato Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Caramelized Tomato Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Caramelized Tomato Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Healthy eating is today a good deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who are suffering from diseases such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. While we’re always being counseled to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. Most people typically assume that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make some simple changes that can start to make a difference to our day-to-day eating habits.
These more nutritious food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for example, has monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. It is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also good for your skin. It could be that you already believe that you eat fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. If at all possible, go for organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful chemicals. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier as you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Evidently, it’s easy to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to caramelized tomato soup recipe. To make caramelized tomato soup you only need 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Caramelized Tomato Soup:
- Provide 2 of roma tomatoes, very ripe.
- Prepare 2 of cans diced tomatoes (14oz. each).
- You need 1 of tbsp tomato paste.
- Use 2 of small to medium carrots.
- Get 1 of celery stalk.
- Use 1/2 of red onion.
- Provide 2 of cloves garlic.
- Take 200 gr of elbow or any other small pasta (7oz).
- Use 170 gr of panela cheese (6oz).
- Get 2 of tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 3 of tbsp unsalted butter.
- Get 4 of tbsp sour cream.
- Take of to taste tarragon.
- Provide of to taste salt (I use pink Himalaya salt).
- Get of to taste freshly ground black pepper.
Instructions to make Caramelized Tomato Soup:
- Chop carrots, celery, and fresh tomatoes, reserve. Chop onion and garlic..
- Cut the cheese in small cubes, put in a bowl and reserve for later use..
- Drain the canned tomatoes over a bowl. Use a spoon to squeeze the tomatoes and get them as dry as possible. Save the juice!.
- Put a large saucepan over medium heat, add the oil and 1 tbsp butter. Once hot, add the chopped onion and garlic, season with salt & pepper and saute until onions are soft, about 5 minutes. Stir often..
- Add carrots, celery, and the fresh tomatoes. Cover and let cook until the carrots are just tender, about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally..
- Add the drained canned tomatoes and the tomato paste. Cook uncovered and stirring frequently, until the tomatoes caramelize, about 15 minutes..
- While the tomatoes caramelize, boil a pot with salted water and cook the pasta until al dente. Drain the pasta and return to pot, mix with the rest of the butter, salt and pepper, and set aside..
- Once the tomatoes are caramelized, add the strained juice from the canned tomatoes, plus 2 cups water to the saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook, partly covered, for an additional 10 to 15 minutes (the vegetables should be very tender at the end).
- Transfer the soup to a blender and pureé. Careful: soup is very hot; start at a low speed and gradually increase it to avoid splattering. Watch for your desired texture: I prefer a a more chunky soup, but you can pureé until silky smooth if you want. Once blended, return to saucepan..
- Add the buttered pasta to the soup and mix well..
- Divide the cheese into plates and scoop the soup on top. Garnish with a dollop of sour cream and a pinch of tarragon. Enjoy!.
If you find this Caramelized Tomato Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.