Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Lentil soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Lentil soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lentil soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons for this. There are numerous diseases associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. Although we’re always being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. It is likely that a lot of people believe it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by making a couple of modest changes.
One way to deal with this to start seeing some results is to realize that you do not have to alter everything right away or that you have to entirely get rid of certain foods from your diet. If you would like to commit to a wholesale change, that is fine but the main thing at first is to try to see to it that you are making more healthy eating choices. As you get used to the taste of these foods, you will discover that you’re eating more healthily than you did. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will see that you no longer wish to eat the old diet.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to lentil soup recipe. To cook lentil soup you only need 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Lentil soup:
- Use 1 lb of lentils.
- Use 12 oz of can petite diced tomatos.
- Use 1 of carrot.
- Prepare 1/2 c of frozen onion and pepper.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic.
- Take 3 (12 oz) of cans of broth.
Steps to make Lentil soup:
- Rinse lentils then boil for 30 minutes, season the boiling water with 1 tblsp each cayenne and paprika. (Can be done ahead of time, perfect prep to do on the weekend then toss the soup together after work).
- Rinse lentils, set aside or store in fridge. Can be made up to 3 days ahead of time..
- Dice carrot and garlic..
- Add garlic, onion, pepper, carrot to medium heat w 1 tbl oil until onions sweat…about 4 mins.
- Stir tomatos, mix completely and cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Add lentils & broth + 1/2 c water, simmer for 30 minutes..
- Using emulsion blender for texture is optional. Image is without emulsion blender..
If you find this Lentil soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.