Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Easy Egg Drop Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Easy Egg Drop Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is today a lot more popular than before and rightfully so. Poor diet is one factor in health conditions such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to lead a more healthy lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. People typically think that healthy diets require a lot of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make some small changes that can start to make a difference to our day-to-day eating habits.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also terrific for your skin. If you currently eat a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with toxic pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being picked at the right time.
To sum up, it is easy to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to easy egg drop soup recipe. To make easy egg drop soup you need 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Easy Egg Drop Soup:
- Provide 4 cups of unsalted stock (Chicken, pork, veg or any combo thereof is fine. Beef would taste ok, but if you used a roasted bone stock, you might get a darker than desired broth.).
- Take 4 cups of water.
- Take 1 of medium carrot, sliced into 1/4" thick slices.
- Use 3 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- Provide 2.5 teaspoons of kosher salt to start.
- Use 1/2 teaspoon of toasted sesame oil (optional).
- Provide 1.5-3 Tablespoons of corn or potato starch, dissolved in 1/4 cup water (this is called a slurry).
- Get 2-3 of eggs, thoroughly whisked.
- Get of finely chopped green onion for garnish.
- Get to taste of black pepper.
Steps to make Easy Egg Drop Soup:
- Put stock, water, carrot and garlic into a pot or large saucepan and bring to a boil for 2 minutes or so, covered, over medium high heat..
- Turn the heat down to medium and simmer for another 10 minutes or so to extract flavor from the aromatics – sweet from the carrot, savory from the garlic..
- Skim out the carrot and garlic, turn the heat back up to medium high, and stir in salt, toasted sesame oil, and starch slurry. Bring the soup back up to a boil for 2 minutes (bringing it to a boil activates the starch so it thickens the soup more effectively)..
- Turn the heat off and give the soup a few good stirs to let it cool just a little bit. Then stir again to create a gentle whirpool, pour in your whisked eggs, and let the gentle heat do its magic to cook the eggs. Stir gently again once or twice to distribute the eggs. You want the soup at a temperature where the egg just sets, which is what gives it that silky texture. If the egg overcooks, then it takes on a chewier more scrambled texture, but the starch does help to prevent overcooking..
- Ladle into a bowl and garnish with chopped green onion and black pepper to taste. (White pepper is often used for this soup, but if you don't have white pepper, like I don't have white pepper, then black pepper it is! 🙂 ) Enjoy!.
If you find this Easy Egg Drop Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.