Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Southwest-style chicken soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Southwest-style chicken soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Choosing to eat healthily has incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is a contributing factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. While we’re incessantly being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. In all likelihood, most people believe that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their lifestyle. It is possible, however, to make a few small changes that can start to make a difference to our daily eating habits.
You can see results without needing to remove foods from your diet or make considerable changes right away. It’s not a bad idea if you wish to make big changes, but the most vital thing is to gradually switch to making healthier eating selections. As you get used to the taste of healthy foods, you will discover that you’re eating more healthily than you used to. Gradually, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will totally replace the way you ate before.
Thus, it should be quite obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to southwest-style chicken soup recipe. To cook southwest-style chicken soup you need 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Southwest-style chicken soup:
- Provide of chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless.
- Use of dried oregano.
- Provide of large sweet onion, chopped.
- Provide of garlic, finely chopped.
- Get of chili powder.
- Take of ground cumin.
- Prepare of smoked paprika.
- Take of cayenne powder.
- Take of chipotle powder.
- Use of can diced tomatoes, including juice.
- Take of chicken broth.
- Get of can black beans, drained and rinsed.
- Provide of sweet corn kernels.
- Use of Garnishes.
- Take of Cilantro, chopped.
- Prepare of Jalapeno pepper, chopped.
- Get of Avocado, sliced.
- Provide of Sour cream or Greek yogurt.
- Provide of Lime wedges.
- Take of Tortillas, crisped.
- Get of Cheddar cheese, grated.
Instructions to make Southwest-style chicken soup:
- Slice the chicken breasts into 1/2 cm strips. In a bowl, toss the chicken with the oregano, a good pinch of salt, several grinds of black pepper, and a glug of olive oil..
- Put a large nonstick pan on medium-high heat. Add the chicken and fry until no pink remains, about 3 minutes..
- Add the onion and garlic. Continue frying until the chicken and onion are browned and caramelized, about 5 minutes..
- Sprinkle on the spices. Toss to coat, then fry 2 minutes..
- Add the tomatoes, chicken broth, and black beans. Turn the heat down to medium and simmer for 15 minutes..
- Add the corn and simmer 1 more minute. Adjust the seasoning as required. Serve hot, with garnishes on the side..
If you find this Southwest-style chicken soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.