Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Butternut squash and curry soup with chicken recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Butternut squash and curry soup with chicken recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is today a good deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who are dealing with health problems such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a bad way. Most people typically think that healthy diets call for a great deal of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make several simple changes that can start to make a difference to our day-to-day eating habits.
These healthier food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For instance, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. It is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also good for your skin. While you may already eat a lot of fruits and veggies, you may want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are a superb choice and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly pesticides. Searching for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the choice of consuming foods that still contain virtually all of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
All in all, it is easy to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to butternut squash and curry soup with chicken recipe. You can cook butternut squash and curry soup with chicken using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Butternut squash and curry soup with chicken:
- Provide 1 of butternut squash.
- Get 1 of yellow onion.
- Use 1 clove of garlic.
- Provide 48 oz of vegetable stock.
- Prepare 1 can of coconut milk (plus more for garnish).
- Prepare 1 tbs of brown sugar.
- Take 2 tbs of yellow curry paste (more or less depending on taste).
- Use 2 of chicken breast’s (optional).
- Prepare 1 tbs of cumin (for chicken).
- You need 1 tbs of turmeric (for chicken).
- Provide 1 tbs of onion powered (for chicken).
- Take 1 1/2 tsp of ground ginger (for chicken).
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon (for chicken).
- Take of Olive oil (see directions).
Steps to make Butternut squash and curry soup with chicken:
- Pre heat oven to 400° then roast the butternut squash. I usually cut it in half, poke holes in it then microwave each half for 4 minutes. I then remove the skin, dice it into chunks, and cover them in olive oil and a little salt and pepper. Then put it in the oven and cook for about 30 minutes or until the squash is soft.
- Dice the onion and put it in an oiled pan with the clove of garlic. Sauté on medium heat until onion is caramelized..
- When the squash and onions are done, throw them into a stock pot and set them aside so you can prep your chicken..
- Cover the chicken breasts in olive oil and add salt and pepper. Then cover them in the dry spices and roast them in a 350° oven for about 20 minutes or until there is no pink in the middle. When the chicken is done, shred it and set it to the side..
- While the chicken is cooking, add the vegetable stock to the pot with your squash and onion and heat on medium low. You can also add your brown sugar and your curry paste. After the curry has been incorporated, you can use a hand blender to blend the chunks of squash and onions until the soup is smoothe..
- Add your can of coconut milk (be sure to shake it before opening the can).
- Ladle some of the warm soup into your bowl and add the chicken and some extra coconut milk if choose!.
If you find this Butternut squash and curry soup with chicken recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.