Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Chili Mac and cheese recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Chili Mac and cheese recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chili Mac and cheese recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons why this is so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to follow a healthier lifestyle and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. In all probability, a lot of people think that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. In reality, though, simply making some small changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
These better food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. It is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also good for your skin. Even though you may already eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, you may want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are a great choice and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful pesticides. Searching for a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the option of consuming foods that still have most of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chili mac and cheese recipe. To make chili mac and cheese you only need 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chili Mac and cheese:
- Get 1 lb. of ground beef (85% lean).
- Use 2 1/2 cups of elbow macaroni.
- Prepare 14.5 oz of can of diced tomatoes with green chilies.
- Take 8 oz of can tomato sauce.
- Get 2 tablespoons of chili powder.
- Provide 1/2 tablespoon of cumin.
- Use 1 teaspoon of salt, divided.
- Provide 1 cup of shredded colby jack cheese.
- Use 3 1/2 cups of water.
Instructions to make Chili Mac and cheese:
- Set Instant Pot to saute mode and add ground beef and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Stir often until all the beef is browned. Should take about 5 minutes. Press cancel and drain fat..
- Sprinkle chili powder, cumin and 1/2 teaspoon salt on top of the browned meat. Then add macaroni on top (don’t stir). Add 3 1/2 cups water and make sure all macaroni is submerged. Add cans of tomato sauce and diced tomatoes right on top in the center. Do not stir!.
- Secure lid, make sure vent is set to sealing and pressure cook (“manual” on some Instant Pots) on high for 4 minutes. When timer is complete, quick release the pressure..
- Remove lid and stir contents well. Everything will begin to thicken. Add 1 cup of shredded colby jack cheese and stir it in so it melts into the sauce..
- Serve with additional shredded cheese on top and enjoy!.
- Notes- you don’t need a instant pot to make this. For stove top cook noodles separate, and add it to the meat sauce, you won’t need the water, can use 2 cans of tomato sauce instead..
- I end up using the whole box of pasta, and I used 15 oz of tomato sauce, it did take more water to cover my pasta.
If you find this Chili Mac and cheese recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.