Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Tomato Basil Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Tomato Basil Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is today a lot more popular than in the past and rightfully so. There are many diseases associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. While we’re always being encouraged to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that many people feel it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, however, simply making a couple of small changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use for cooking your food. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil also is a good source of vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. If you currently eat a lot of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are an excellent choice and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemicals. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier since you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Evidently, it’s not at all difficult to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to tomato basil soup recipe. You can have tomato basil soup using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Tomato Basil Soup:
- You need 5 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Take 1 can (28 oz) of whole plum tomatoes.
- Provide 3 cups of chicken broth.
- Use 1 of large yellow onions, minced.
- Use 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Take 1 of shallot, minced.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fresh basil, chopped.
Instructions to make Tomato Basil Soup:
- Finely mince the garlic, shallot, and onions..
- In a large pot, melt the butter at medium heat, then add the garlic, shallot, and onion. Cook for about 15 minutes, stirring fairly often, until the onions are soft..
- Add the can of tomatoes and the chicken broth to the pot. Then add the salt and chopped basil and stir well. Bring the heat up and let it come to a boil..
- Once it boils, lower the heat so it is simmering, and stir well. Let it simmer for 20 minutes, until the tomatoes are soft..
- Once it’s done cooking, turn off the heat and give another good stir. Let it cool down to near room temperature before you put it in the blender to purée, otherwise you risk damaging the blender..
- Work in batches, pouring about 2 cups of the soup into the blender each time to purée. Remove the middle section of the blender top so steam can escape (you may want to have a hand towel to hover over that area while blending to minimize any mess). Start on low and quickly work your way to purée setting for the soup. Pour into a clean bowl and repeat until all soup is puréed..
- Pour the puréed soup into the original pot and stir well. Heat the entire soup mixture on medium heat until it is evenly warmed throughout. Then serve and enjoy! 🙂.
If you find this Tomato Basil Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.