Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Rough Chop Cabbage and White Bean Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Rough Chop Cabbage and White Bean Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Making the decision to eat healthily provides marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are dealing with diseases such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. While we’re always being encouraged to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by implementing several modest changes.
In order to see results, it is definitely not a requirement to drastically modify your eating habits. It’s not a bad idea if you wish to make major changes, but the most crucial thing is to bit by bit switch to making healthier eating selections. As you get used to the taste of these foods, you will see that you’re eating more healthily than before. As with many other habits, change happens over a period of time and when a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you won’t feel the need to go back to your old diet.
As you can see, it’s not hard to start integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to rough chop cabbage and white bean soup recipe. To cook rough chop cabbage and white bean soup you only need 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Rough Chop Cabbage and White Bean Soup:
- Use 1 of large leek.
- Take 1 of medium yellow onion.
- Prepare 4 of large to medium carrots.
- You need 1 of Savoy cabbage.
- You need 5-6 of small to medium potatoes.
- You need 3 cans of Cannelini or Butter beans.
- Prepare 3.5 liters of vegetable stock.
- Provide of Small handful of peppercorns.
- Get 3 of bay leaves.
- You need of Salt.
Steps to make Rough Chop Cabbage and White Bean Soup:
- Get in the mood for a winter warmer! 🎼❄️ Listen to Haydn: The Seasons..
- Clean the leek. Remove unwanted pieces. Slice leek in half, then finely sliced. Finely chop your onion and add to a warmed pot with a few clugs of olive oil..
- After 5 minutes of stirring occasionally (so nothing burns) add half of a carrot very finely diced. Keep cooking down until you have golden brown onions and your leeks are pulling apart..
- Add your roughly chopped cabbage to the pot. Stir occasionally for 5 minutes or so. You want the cabbage to be nicely coated. Add a couple more glugs of olive oil..
- While the cabbage is cooking and you are stirring occasionally, rough slice and rough chop your carrots and potatoes respectively. Once the cabbage has turned a nice dark green in spots, fold in the veg and cook those a bit (3-5 minutes).
- Add one liter of stock and get it boiling..
- Add your beans to the boiling stock. Then add the rest of the stock. (2.5L or so depending on how much broth you like).
- Ladel in to bowl and enjoy! 🙂.
- Keep your trimmed vegetable bits, onion skins and freeze them. Use those later for my homemade vegetable stock. (recipe up soon).
If you find this Rough Chop Cabbage and White Bean Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.