Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best The Legendary Turnip Cheese Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to The Legendary Turnip Cheese Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Vitality Snacks.
Enjoying healthy foods makes all the difference in the way we feel. If we eat more healthy foods and less of the detrimental ones we typically feel much better. A salad helps us feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). Deciding on healthier food choices can be challenging if it is snack time. Shopping for goodies can be a struggle because you have countless options. Here are some healthy snacks which you can use when you need an instant pick me up.
If you are looking for a quick snack, you can’t go drastically wrong with a whole grain one. Starting your morning with a piece of whole grain toasted bread can give you that extra boost you need to get going. Eating on the run may be healthier with wholesome chips and crackers. Make the change from refined products such as white bread to the healthier whole grain options.
You don’t have to look far to discover a wide selection of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Determining to live a healthy life style can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to the legendary turnip cheese soup recipe. You can have the legendary turnip cheese soup using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook The Legendary Turnip Cheese Soup:
- Take of unsalted butter.
- Use of unsalted butter.
- Prepare of all-purpose flour.
- Take of half & half, warmed up and set aside.
- Prepare of nutmeg.
- Take of smoked cheddar, grated.
- Use of celery rib, finely chopped.
- You need of garlic, minced.
- Use of Spanish onion, finely chopped.
- Get of thyme, chopped.
- Take of shallot, minced.
- Get of gouda, grated.
- Use of chicken stock (recipe coming soon). You can use veggie stock to make this vegetarian.
- You need of turnips, cubed, seasoned and oven roasted.
- Provide of Sea or Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Take of bacon, cooked and crumbled – OPTIONAL.
- Prepare of large stockpot.
- Get of medium pot.
- Use of immersion blender.
Steps to make The Legendary Turnip Cheese Soup:
- Add the 1/4 cup butter to the pan on medium heat, and as the butter melts whisk in the flour. Let it cook for 3-4 minutes until the flour turns a light brown and smells a little nutty..
- In a slow, constant stream to avoid clumping, add the warm half & half into the flour mixture, whisking constantly. Let the mixture heat as you whisk, and it will gradually thicken. Add the nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper..
- Once the sauce is the consistency of a light gravy, add the grated cheese and whisk it into the sauce so it melts evenly. Set aside..
- In the medium pot, add the 2 tbsp butter over medium heat. Then add the celery, onion, shallot, garlic and thyme and cook, stirring, until softened, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the stock and bring to a simmer..
- CAREFULLY whisk the stock mixture into the cheese sauce until it is fully incorporated. Then add the turnips..
- Now here's the fun part! Plug in your immersion blender, and start demolishing the turnips in the soup. They don't have to be completely pureed, just enough to have small chunks of turnips in the mix. Keep the soup on a low burner until your guests arrive..
- Top with crumbled bacon if you wish..
If you find this The Legendary Turnip Cheese Soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.