Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Granny's Meatloaf recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Granny's Meatloaf recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Granny's Meatloaf recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Healthy eating is nowadays much more popular than before and rightfully so. There are a lot of diseases associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to follow a more healthy way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. In all probability, a lot of people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their lifestyle. It is possible, however, to make several small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
One way to deal with this to start seeing some results is to realize that you do not need to change everything immediately or that you need to altogether get rid of certain foods from your diet. If you want to commit to a wholesale change, that is okay but the main thing at first is to try to ensure that you are making more healthy eating choices. As you get used to the taste of these foods, you will realize that you’re eating more healthily than you used to. As with many other habits, change happens over a period of time and once a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you will not feel the need to return to your old diet.
As you can see, it is easy to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to granny's meatloaf recipe. To cook granny's meatloaf you need 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Granny's Meatloaf:
- Get 1/4 cup of Quick cooking oats.
- Use 1 large of Egg, beaten.
- Use 1/4 cup of Milk.
- You need 2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Pepper.
- You need 1 small of Onion, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of Carrot, peeled and minced (optional).
- Provide 1 of Rib celery, diced.
- Get 1 tsp of Minced garlic (2 cloves).
- Get 3 lb of Ground beef.
- You need of glaze.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Keychup.
- Provide 2 tsp of Prepared horseradish.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
Instructions to make Granny's Meatloaf:
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Mix glaze ingredients and set aside..
- Mix all meatloaf ingredients except beef. Crumble beef over mixture and toss to combine. (Do not over mix, that makes meatloaf tough)..
- Form into two loaves on sheet pan lined with tinfoil. Bake 10 minutes. Spoon on glaze..
- Bake 45-50 minutes longer. Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes, loosely renting with foil..
- Source: Carla Hall, Redbook Magazine 5/2013.
If you find this Granny's Meatloaf recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.