Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Split Pea & Ham Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Split Pea & Ham Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Healthy eating is today a lot more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is one factor in health conditions such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. While we’re constantly being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. Most people typically assume that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by implementing several modest changes.
You can see results without eliminating foods from your diet or make considerable changes immediately. If you wish to commit to a wholesale change, that is OK but the main thing at first is to try to make sure that you are making more healthy eating choices. As you get accustomed to the taste of these foods, you will realize that you’re eating more healthily than before. Over time, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will completely replace the way you ate before.
As you can see, it is easy to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to split pea & ham soup recipe. To cook split pea & ham soup you need 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Split Pea & Ham Soup:
- Get of dried green split peas.
- Get of water.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- Take of onion, chopped.
- Use of carrots, chopped.
- Prepare of celery, sliced.
- Get of garlic.
- Get of ham bone.
- Get of ham, cubed.
- Use of water.
- You need of salt.
- Take of ground black pepper.
Steps to make Split Pea & Ham Soup:
- Place split peas and 2 litres water in large saucepan..
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat..
- Reduce heat and simmer 1 hour. Drain..
- Heat oil in soup pot..
- Sauté onion, carrots, celery and garlic in oil over medium-low heat until tender – about 10 minutes..
- Add drained peas, ham bone, cubed ham, 2 litres water, salt and pepper..
- Cover and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally..
- Reduce heat and simmer 1 hour..
- Remove cover and continue simmering until desired thickness (we do between 12 and 24 hours), stirring occasionally..
- Remove ham bone, cut off any remaining meat..
- Dice meat and return to soup before serving..
If you find this Split Pea & Ham Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.