Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Stuffed Bell Peppers w/ Sauce recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Stuffed Bell Peppers w/ Sauce recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Healthy eating is now a great deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. There are a number of health conditions associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to adopt a more healthy way of living and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets call for a great deal of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make some minor changes that can start to make a good impact on our everyday eating habits.
These better food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. It also provides vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. It could be that you already feel that you eat fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. Organic foods are a great option and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic pesticides. Searching for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the option of eating foods that still contain most of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
As you can see, it’s not at all hard to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to stuffed bell peppers w/ sauce recipe. You can have stuffed bell peppers w/ sauce using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Stuffed Bell Peppers w/ Sauce:
- Use of The sauce ….
- You need 2-3 tbs. of olive oil.
- Use 1/2 of large yellow onion, roughly chopped.
- Use 1 of jalapeno pepper, sliced thin.
- Use 1 can (14.5 oz.) of diced tomatoes, drained.
- Provide 1 cup of brown gravy, ready-made.
- You need 1/3 cup of light brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar.
- Get Dash of salt, pepper, paprika, and dried thyme, & coriander.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro, finely chopped.
- You need 1.25 of lbs. ground beef.
- Get 1/2 of large yellow onion, finely chopped.
- Use 1 of large egg, lightly beaten.
- Provide 1/3 cup of plain dried breadcrumbs.
- You need 1/2 cup of “cooked” white rice.
- Take Dash of salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and dried thyme.
- Prepare 4 of large bell peppers, seeded, and white ribs, stems removed.
Steps to make Stuffed Bell Peppers w/ Sauce:
- Heat olive oil in a small saucepan, add the onions and jalapeno pepper. Cook over medium heat for 4 minutes until translucent. Add the tomatoes, brown gravy, brown sugar, vinegar, spices and fresh herb..
- Bring to a slight boil, then lower the heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally and set aside..
- Prepare the 1/2 cup of cooked rice in a small saucepan and set aside to cool. In a large pot, fill it about 2” with water and bring to a light boil..
- With a paring knife, cut the tops of the peppers. [Save the tops] Lightly trim the bottom of the peppers so that they stand straight and even. Scoop out the seeds and white ribs with a spoon. Lightly puncture a small whole in the bottoms from the inside..
- Place the peppers in the boiling water, reduce the heat, and cover with a lid. Steam them for 5 minutes. Remove the pot from the stove, drain the water, and run the peppers under cold water. Remove the peppers from the pot and place upside down to dry and cool..
- Heat oven to 350˚..
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, egg, onions, breadcrumbs, cooked rice, and spices. Add 1/3 cup of the sauce to the mixture and mix lightly with your hands..
- With a large spoon, fill the peppers with the meat mixture. Place the cut bell pepper “lids” on top of each to cover..
- Pour half the sauce mixture into a small or medium casserole dish. Place the peppers neatly into the dish and cover with the remaining sauce..
- Place the casserole dish into the heated oven and bake for 40 minutes. Remove the dish from oven and allow it to cool for 10 minutes. Serve the peppers in a bed of mashed potatoes, top them with the sauce and chopped cilantro..
If you find this Stuffed Bell Peppers w/ Sauce recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.