Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Easy Borscht/Goulash-Inspired Leftover Roast & Red Cabbage Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Easy Borscht/Goulash-Inspired Leftover Roast & Red Cabbage Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Choosing to eat healthily provides great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are a lot of illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Although we’re always being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. Most likely, a lot of people think that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. In reality, however, simply making a couple of minor changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
You can see results without eliminating foods from your diet or make huge changes immediately. Even more important than entirely altering your diet is simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever you can. Soon enough, you will see that you actually prefer to consume healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. Gradually, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will completely replace the way you ate previously.
To sum up, it is not difficult to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to easy borscht/goulash-inspired leftover roast & red cabbage soup recipe. You can cook easy borscht/goulash-inspired leftover roast & red cabbage soup using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Easy Borscht/Goulash-Inspired Leftover Roast & Red Cabbage Soup:
- Get of beef roast or steak that's been cut into 1/2" cubes.
- You need of an onion, chopped.
- You need of medium carrots, cut into 1/2" cubes.
- Prepare of small celery stems, chopped into 1/2" pieces.
- Get of a small head of red cabbage, cut into 1/2" pieces.
- Take of garlic, peeled and smashed.
- Provide of liquid (any combo of unsalted stock & water).
- Take of tomato paste.
- Provide of ketchup.
- Get of Worcestershire.
- Use of salt to start.
- Use of black pepper.
- Use of bay leaf.
- You need of paprika.
- Provide of quartered button mushrooms.
Steps to make Easy Borscht/Goulash-Inspired Leftover Roast & Red Cabbage Soup:
- Dump all ingredients except mushrooms into a large pot (at least 5 quarts), cover, turn the heat to medium high, and let soup come to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes..
- Reduce heat to medium low, add mushrooms, cover, and simmer for another 30 to 40 minutes, or until thickest pieces of cabbage are completely tender..
- Adjust seasoning if needed, and enjoy with crusty bread or rice, or just by itself! :).
If you find this Easy Borscht/Goulash-Inspired Leftover Roast & Red Cabbage Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.