Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Pinto Bean And Bacon Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Pinto Bean And Bacon Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pinto Bean And Bacon Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons why this is so. Poor diet is a leading factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. Most likely, most people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. It is possible, though, to make a few simple changes that can start to make a difference to our day-to-day eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping since you most likely purchase lots of food items out of habit. For instance, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? A good healthy option can be porridge oats which have been shown to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy at the start of the day. By adding fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
As you can see, it’s not at all difficult to start incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to pinto bean and bacon soup recipe. To cook pinto bean and bacon soup you need 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Pinto Bean And Bacon Soup:
- You need of (3) Cups Pinto Beans.
- Prepare of (8) Cups Water.
- You need of (6) Strips Bacon (Fried, chopped and grease reserved for soup).
- You need of (2) Cups Beef Broth.
- Use of (1/2) Onion Chopped.
- You need of (1) Jalapeno deseeded and diced.
- Get of (2) Cloves Garlic Minced.
- You need of (3) Tbsp Chopped Green Chili's.
- Use of (1) Tsp Salt.
- Use of (1/2) Tsp Ground Cumin.
- Get of (1/2) Tsp Pepper.
- You need of (1/2) Tsp Chili Powder.
- Get of (1/4) Tsp Cayenne Pepper.
Instructions to make Pinto Bean And Bacon Soup:
- Soak Beans overnight in a large pot no heat..
- The next day, bring beans to boil on low, covered. Cook how ever long it takes to soften them. Usually 2 to 3 hours. Checking water every so often to make sure it has enough to cover beans by about 2 inches..
- When beans are tender, I pour the beans and liquid into a bowl,set aside and clean the pot. (I just dont like the goopy residue on pot).
- Pour beans and liquid back into pot, turn heat to low..
- Add ALL remaining ingredients to pot. Including bacon and reserved bacon grease. Liquid should be 2 or so inches above beans..
- Cover, simmer on low for 1 hour. Stiring every 15 minutes..
- When done top with whatever you wish and Enjoy!.
If you find this Pinto Bean And Bacon Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.