Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is nowadays a good deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who are suffering from conditions such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. Although we’re constantly being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. Most people typically think that healthy diets demand a great deal of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make some simple changes that can start to make a difference to our everyday eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food since you most probably buy a lot of food items out of habit. For example, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your preferred cereal? A great healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been proven to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy at the start of the day. By putting in fresh fruit, you can give your oatmeal a better flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
As you can see, it’s not at all hard to start integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken tortilla soup recipe. To make chicken tortilla soup you need 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- Prepare 1/2 cup of ditalini pasta.
- Use 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- Provide 1 of onion diced.
- Provide 4 cup of chicken stock.
- Get 1 can of crushed tomatoes (28oz).
- Get 1 can of green chiles (4oz).
- Take 2 tsp of chili powder.
- Use 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- Take 1 pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Provide 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- Use 2 cup of shredded chicken breast.
- Prepare 1 cup of corn kernels (or mexicorn).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chopped fresh cilantro.
- You need 1 of juice of one lime.
- Take 1 of tortilla strips for serving.
Instructions to make Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well..
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic and onion, and cook, stirring frequently, until onions have become translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in chicken stock, crushed tomatoes, green chiles, chili powder, cumin, oregano and cayenne pepper; season with salt and pepper, to taste..
- Reduce heat to low; simmer, covered, until thickened, about 15 minutes. Stir in pasta, chicken, corn, cilantro and lime juice until heated through, about 2 minutes..
- Serve immediately, garnished with avocado, tortilla strips, cheese or sour cream if desired..
If you find this Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.