Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Thick carrot and lentil soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Thick carrot and lentil soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Choosing to eat healthily provides many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are a lot of illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to lead a healthier way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. Most people typically assume that healthy diets demand a lot of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make several minor changes that can start to make a positive impact to our daily eating habits.
In order to see results, it is definitely not essential to drastically change your eating habits. It’s not a bad idea if you desire to make major changes, but the most important thing is to step by step switch to making healthier eating selections. Sooner or later, you will see that you actually prefer to eat healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. Slowly, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will completely replace the way you ate previously.
As you can see, it is easy to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to thick carrot and lentil soup recipe. You can cook thick carrot and lentil soup using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Thick carrot and lentil soup:
- Get of carrots.
- Get of onion.
- Get of of garlic.
- Take of veg oil.
- Use of water or veg stock (approx).
- Get of red lentils.
- You need of butter (optional).
- Provide of salt and pepper to taste.
- Provide of turmeric (optional).
- Provide of ground coriander (optional).
- Use of ground cumin (optional).
Steps to make Thick carrot and lentil soup:
- Peel and coarsely chop carrots, onion and garlic..
- Add all to pan with oil and fry for 3-4 mins..
- Add stock/water and increase heat to boil..
- Rinse lentils then add to pan..
- Add spices now if including them..
- Boil for 10 mins then simmer for 20-30 mins until lentils and carrots are soft and cooked, stirring often..
- Add butter if you're using it..
- Depending on how thick you like soup, you may need to add more hot water/stock..
- Blend until smooth, (season with salt and pepper if required) and serve..
If you find this Thick carrot and lentil soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.