Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that offer You Power.
Eating healthy foods tends to make all the difference in the way we feel. If we eat more healthy snacks and a smaller amount of the bad ones we typically feel much better. A salad helps us feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). This can be a problem, nonetheless, in terms of eating between meals. You can spend several hours at the supermarket searching for an ideal snack foods to make you feel healthy. Why not try one of the following nutritious snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Probably the most popular snack foods is natural yogurt. Often people choose to eat yogurt over a balanced lunch which is not the right idea. You can’t beat yogurt whenever it comes to a wholesome snack though. It consists of a lot of calcium, healthy proteins, and B vitamins. Yogurt is frequently eaten to help preserve the digestive system because it is so easily digestible by many people. Try including some wholesome nuts to unsweetened low fat yogurt for a healthy snack idea. This reduces your sugar consumption without lowering the taste of your snack.
A large assortment of easy health snacks is easily obtainable. When you make the choice to be healthy, it’s easy to find exactly what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew) recipe. To make caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew) you need 15 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew):
- Provide 1 medium of fryer chicken(whole).
- You need 6 cup of water.
- Get 1 medium of chayote squash.
- Take 4 large of carrots.
- Get 1 large of green plantain.
- Get 2 large of white potatoes.
- You need 1 large of yuka.
- Prepare 3 small of roma tomatoes.
- Use 2 medium of zucchini squash.
- You need 1 large of sweet vidalia onion.
- Prepare 2 of ears of fresh corn.
- Get 1 bunch of fresh cilantro or culantro.
- Take 1 dash of salt to taste.
- Prepare 1 dash of pepper to taste.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of chicken bouillon ( prefer knorr ).
Steps to make Caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew):
- Prep chicken by cutting into quarters and applying salt/pepper. Set aside..
- Heat a small amount of oil in a large soup/stock pot..
- Quarter the onion and add to the oil to sweat, once onion has become transparent add chicken to pot and brown on all sides..
- Once chicken is browned add enough water to cover the chicken by about a inch, add chicken bouillon and a pinch of salt. Stir well and bring to a boil..
- After 5 minutes of boiling reduce heat to a simmer and cover to cook. 30 minutes or untill EXTREMELY tender..
- While chicken is cooking prep the veggies for the soup..
- Peel yuka and slice in one inch rounds, set aside in large bowl..
- Clean corn and slice cob to 2 inch thick pieces, add to bowl with yuka..
- Peel chayote cut in half and remove pitt with a spoon, cut into medium / large chunks. Add to bowl..
- Clean potatoes well and cut into large chunks. ( quarter for small potatoes) add to bowl..
- Clean zucchini squash and slice into 1 inch rounds, place in bowl..
- Peel carrots and slice into 2 inch rounds. Place in bowl..
- Clean tomatoes, quarter tomatoes and place in bowl..
- Peel GREEN plantain slice into one inch rounds. NOTE: MUST BE GREEN HARD PLANTAINS NOT YELLOW..
- Chop cilantro including stems reserve half for garnish..
- Add all veggies and cilantro except for the zuchinni squash to the pot..
- Add enough water just to cover the veggies. Add more salt/ bouillon to taste. Cover tightly and cook on medium high heat for about 15-20 minutes untill potatoes and carrots are tender..
- Add zuchinni for the last 10 minutes..
- Serve this amazing stew with fresh chopped onion,cilantro, and lime wedges for garnish..
- Go one step further and serve with fresh corn tortillas!.
- Enjoy! Hope you love it as much as I do!.
If you find this Caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew) recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.