Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Blue Mushroom Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Blue Mushroom Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Blue Mushroom Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is now a lot more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of living but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. In all probability, a lot of people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. It is possible, though, to make some simple changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use for cooking your food. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also terrific for your skin. It may be that you already think that you eat fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. Organic foods are a great choice and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic chemicals. Searching for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the choice of eating foods that still have most of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
As you can see, it’s not hard to begin incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to blue mushroom soup recipe. To cook blue mushroom soup you only need 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Blue Mushroom Soup:
- Use 4 T. of Butter.
- Take 1 of med. Onion, minced.
- Take 4 of lg. Garlic cloves, minced.
- Use 1.5 lb. of Mushrooms, sliced.
- Get 1 T. of Worcestershire sauce.
- Take 1/4 c. of Flour.
- Get 1 tsp. of Salt.
- Provide 1 tsp. of Pepper.
- Take 1 tsp. of Thyme.
- You need 1/3 c. of Sherry.
- Provide 6 c. of Chicken stock (or veg. stock).
- You need 1-1/3 c. of Heavy cream.
- Prepare 1/4 c. of Blue cheese, crumbled.
Steps to make Blue Mushroom Soup:
- In large soup pot over medium heat, melt butter and stir in onions. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic and cook 1 minute longer..
- Add mushrooms, Worcestershire, and seasonings. Cook, stirring occasionally, 10-12 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the flour and stir to coat the mushrooms. Cook 2 more minutes, stirring..
- Stir in the sherry. Cook, stirring frequently and scraping brown bits from bottom of pan, until liquid reduces about half (about 5 minutes)..
- Add the stock and cook 20 minutes..
- Remove most of the mushrooms, with some soup liquid, into a container to blend. (I used a 6 cup glass measuring cup.) Puree with an immersion blender until smooth, then stir the puree back into the soup..
- Add the cream, blue cheese, and nutmeg and stir until incorporated and cheese is melted..
- Remove from heat and serve. Enjoy!.
- * Makes about 10 appetizer-size servings; 5-6 meal-size servings.
If you find this Blue Mushroom Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.