Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Thai Basil Beef recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Thai Basil Beef recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Thai Basil Beef recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is now much more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is one factor in health conditions such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. Even though we’re always being counseled to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. In all likelihood, most people assume that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their way of life. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by making a few simple changes.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you shop for food since it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, in all likelihood you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see how much sugar it contains. Having a bowl of oatmeal will supply you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. Add fruits or spices to improve the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can be a regular part of your new healthy eating regimen.
To sum up, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to thai basil beef recipe. You can cook thai basil beef using 24 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Thai Basil Beef:
- Provide of Jasmine Lemongrass Rice:.
- Get 1 C. of Jasmine rice.
- Take 1 C. of Coconut milk.
- Provide 1 C. of Water.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Sesame oil.
- Take 1/4 C. of Fresh lemongrass.
- Take of Thai Basil Beef:.
- Use 2 of Carrots, cut into matchsticks.
- Get 4 of Baby bell peppers, sliced.
- Use 2 of Green onions, chopped.
- Provide 1 Tbsp. of Fish sauce.
- Take 2 Tbsp. of Sesame oil.
- Provide 1/2 tsp. of Honey.
- You need 1 of Lime, juiced.
- Use 1 of Lime, wedged.
- Get 4 of Garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of Fresh ginger, grated.
- Prepare 1 lb. of Ground hamburger.
- Prepare 1/3 C. of & 2 Tbsp. soy sauce, divided.
- Get 1/3 C. of Sweet thai chili sauce.
- Use 2 C. of Fresh basil, chopped.
- You need of Toasted Sesame seeds for serving.
- Get of Chopped roasted peanuts for serving.
- Provide of Butter leaf lettuce for serving.
Instructions to make Thai Basil Beef:
- To make the rice add coconut milk and water to medium size pot. Bring to a low boil and then add the rice, Sesame oil, and lemongrass. Stir to combine and then place lid on the pot and turn down the heat to low. After w0 minutes take the rice off the heat and then let sit, covered for 15-20 minutes. Do not open lid during this time..
- After 15-20 minutes remove lid and fluff with a fork and stir in chopped peanuts if desired..
- While the rice is cooking make the beef mixture. Add the carrots, peppers, hot red pepper, green onions, fish sauce, honey, lime juice and 2 Tbsp Soy sauce to a medium bowl. Combine and set aside..
- Heat a large heavy bottomed skillet or wok. Add the oil and once hot add the garlic and ginger. Cook 15-30 seconds and then add the beef..
- Add pepper and cook until browned. And 1/3 C. Soy sauce, 1/3 C. Sweet Thai Chili Sauce, and 1 C. fresh Basil..
- Bring to a simmer and cook 3-5 min. Remove from heat and stir in remaining 1C. fresh Basil..
- Place butter leaves on plates and top with rice and then beef. Add thepepper and carrots mixture. Garnish with chopped peanuts, fresh Basil and Sesame seeds if desired. Enjoy!.
- Place butter leaves on plates and top with rice and then beef. Add the pepper and carrots mixture. Garnish with chopped peanuts, fresh Basil and Sesame seeds if desired. Enjoy!.
If you find this Thai Basil Beef recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.