Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Southwest-style chicken soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Southwest-style chicken soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Deciding to eat healthily offers marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is one factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. While we’re constantly being counseled to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. A lot of people typically assume that healthy diets call for a great deal of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by making a few small changes.
These more nutritious food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a good source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also great for your skin. It might be that you already think that you eat fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with deadly chemicals. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being picked at the right time.
Evidently, it’s not at all hard to start incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to southwest-style chicken soup recipe. You can cook southwest-style chicken soup using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Southwest-style chicken soup:
- Get 2 of chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless.
- You need 1 tbsp of dried oregano.
- Take 1 of large sweet onion, chopped.
- Provide 5 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- Provide 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Use 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Use 1/4 tsp of cayenne powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of chipotle powder.
- Provide 1-28 oz of can diced tomatoes, including juice.
- Provide 4 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 1-14 oz of can black beans, drained and rinsed.
- Take 1 cup of sweet corn kernels.
- Use of Garnishes.
- Provide of Cilantro, chopped.
- Get of Jalapeno pepper, chopped.
- Prepare of Avocado, sliced.
- Get of Sour cream or Greek yogurt.
- Get of Lime wedges.
- You need of Tortillas, crisped.
- Get of Cheddar cheese, grated.
Instructions to make Southwest-style chicken soup:
- Slice the chicken breasts into 1/2 cm strips. In a bowl, toss the chicken with the oregano, a good pinch of salt, several grinds of black pepper, and a glug of olive oil..
- Put a large nonstick pan on medium-high heat. Add the chicken and fry until no pink remains, about 3 minutes..
- Add the onion and garlic. Continue frying until the chicken and onion are browned and caramelized, about 5 minutes..
- Sprinkle on the spices. Toss to coat, then fry 2 minutes..
- Add the tomatoes, chicken broth, and black beans. Turn the heat down to medium and simmer for 15 minutes..
- Add the corn and simmer 1 more minute. Adjust the seasoning as required. Serve hot, with garnishes on the side..
If you find this Southwest-style chicken soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.