Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Crock-Pot Beef Pot Roast recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Crock-Pot Beef Pot Roast recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Crock-Pot Beef Pot Roast recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons why this is so. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who are dealing with diseases such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Although we’re always being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. In all likelihood, a lot of people assume that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. In reality, though, simply making a few modest changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping because you probably buy a lot of food items out of habit. For example, in all likelihood you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out how much sugar it has. One nutritious alternative that can give you a good start to your day is oatmeal. Mix in fruits or spices to improve the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can be a usual part of your new healthy diet.
All in all, it is easy to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to crock-pot beef pot roast recipe. To cook crock-pot beef pot roast you only need 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Crock-Pot Beef Pot Roast:
- Get 2-3 lbs of Boneless Blade Roast or Chuck Roast (Trimmed).
- Get 2 of Medium Onions Quartered or Coarsely Chopped.
- You need 6 Cloves of Garlic Minced.
- Prepare 5 Sprigs of Thyme.
- Get 2 lb of Yukon Gold Potatoes Peeled & Diced 1-2" Cubes.
- Prepare 4 of Large Carrots or One Bag Baby Carrots Cut into 1" Pieces.
- Provide 32 oz of Carton Beef Broth (use less if you like less gravy).
- Get 2 Tbs of Dijon Mustard.
- Take 1 Tbs of Brown Sugar or Coconut Sugar.
- Provide 2 Tbs of Organic All Purpose Flour.
- Get 4-6 of Beef Bouillon Cubes or 4-6 tsp Bouillon Powder.
- Take 1 Cup of Red Wine.
- Prepare 1 of Bay Leaf.
- Take 2 Tbs of Olive Oil.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- Prepare of Garlic Powder.
Steps to make Crock-Pot Beef Pot Roast:
- Season all sides of Beef Roast with Salt, Pepper, and Garlic Powder. Season to your taste..
- Heat Olive Oil in skillet over Medium to Medium High heat. Brown all sides of roast. Place Roast in a large Crock-Pot..
- On top of Roast, layer in Onions, Garlic, Potatoes, Thyme, Carrots, Bouillon Cubes, and Bay Leaf. Pour in Red Wine. Add some Salt and Pepper. Remember, the Bouillon adds a lot of Sodium, so you won't need as much Salt..
- In a separate cup or bowl, pour in around a cup of the Beef Broth. Add in Flour, Dijon, and Brown Sugar. Whisk until mixed. Pour into Crock-Pot along with the rest of the Broth..
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or until the vegetables are soft and the gravy has thickened. The longer it cooks, the better. Taste for seasoning, and add more if needed. Remove Bay Leaf and Thyme Stems, before serving..
If you find this Crock-Pot Beef Pot Roast recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.