Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Kefta Kabob recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kefta Kabob recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Choosing to eat healthily offers marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is a contributing factor in illnesses such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to lead a more healthy lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. It is likely that lots of people feel it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. It is possible, however, to make several small changes that can start to make a difference to our everyday eating habits.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you do your food shopping as it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, in all likelihood you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out how much sugar it has. A superb healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been found to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy at the start of the day. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, try mixing in fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
Thus, it should be quite obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to kefta kabob recipe. You can have kefta kabob using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Kefta Kabob:
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil or vegetable oil.
- Provide 1 1/2 tbsp of fresh chopped cilantro.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of fresh chopped mint.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of fresh chopped parsley.
- Take 1/2 cup of finely diced onion (yellow or spanish).
- You need 1 of fresh finely chopped garlic clove.
- You need 1 tsp of salt or to taste.
- Use 1 tsp of cumin.
- Provide 1 tsp of pepper.
- Use 1 lb of ground beef (I like 80/20).
- Prepare 1 tsp of chili pepper flakes (if desired).
- Provide 1/4 cup of water.
Steps to make Kefta Kabob:
- mix all ingredients by hand in a bowl except for oil, until well incorporated for about 1 minute..
- Form into golf ball size balls and flatten into 1/2 inch thick oval patties..
- Place patties on plate and put in fridge for atleast 20 to 30 minutes to let ingredients incorporate. You can do this the night before and let sit overnight..
- Before cooking, take meat out for atleast 5 to 10 min to bring closer to room temperature so meat cooks evenly..
- Heat Oil in nonstick pan or grill pan on med – high heat. When oil is heated place about 6 patties to sautee leaving room between, so it can sear and not steam..
- Let sear for 3 to 4 min on each side. You should have a beautiful caramelized brown finish..
- You can place on paper towel or wire rack to rest until all pieces are cooked..
- patties can be served in warm pita bread with hummus and/or tzatziki sauce. Feel free to add tahini sauce or a spicy chili sauce for heat! can also be served along a side of rice ( basmati or jasmine rice preferred).
- During the summer this dish is best on the grill bc of the great char flavor you get! same cooking method, med high heat, 3 to 4 min each side. let them rest for a couple min to retain moisture..
If you find this Kefta Kabob recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.