Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Strength Boosting Snack foods.
We are very mindful that eating healthy meals can help us feel better inside our bodies. We tend to feel way less gross when we increase our intake of healthy foods and decrease our consumption of unhealthy foods. A salad allows us to feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). Sometimes it’s tough to find healthier foods for something to eat between meals. Finding snacks that help us feel better and increase our stamina often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. Here are a handful of healthy snacks that you can use when you need a quick pick me up.
If you are not hypersensitive to nuts, try eating some almonds! Almonds are usually considered a super food since they’re packed full of things which help boost our vigor while keeping us healthy. These types of nuts contain plenty of vitamins E, B2, and manganese. Tryptophan, an enzyme also present in turkey that causes drowsiness, is present in almonds. Having said that, you won’t need a nap after eating and enjoying almonds. These nuts loosen up the muscles and supply a general sense of relaxation. Your emotional level can sometimes be lifted by simply eating almonds.
There are lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that never involve a lot of preparation or searching. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s uncomplicated to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to slow cooker southwestern chicken soup recipe. To make slow cooker southwestern chicken soup you only need 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup:
- You need 3 pounds of bone-in chicken pieces (I like dark meat – more flavor. 🙂 ).
- You need 6 cups of water.
- Take 1 of small onion, cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Get 6 cloves of garlic, peeled and lightly crushed.
- Provide 2 of medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch thick pieces (I like to cut them big for slow cooking so they don't disintegrate and still retain some texture).
- You need 1 of medium bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces (I happened to use the Hatch chilies I roasted the other day, but they're seasonal and sometimes hard to come by even when they're in season).
- Provide 1 of large stem celery, cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- You need 1 (15 oz.) of can black beans, rinsed and drained (optional – I don't always care for beans in this soup – but add a 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt to the recipe if you add the beans).
- Prepare 1/2 of a 15 oz. can of corn (or 1 cup frozen or fresh corn kernels).
- You need 1/2 of a 15 oz. can of tomatoes.
- Provide 1/2-1 teaspoon of cumin.
- Use 1-2 teaspoons of dried oregano.
- Provide 2 of bay leaves.
- Get 3-3.5 teaspoons of kosher salt to start.
- Use 1-1.5 Tablespoons of fresh squeezed lime juice.
- Take 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro (optional for the cilantro haters, of course).
- Use 1 teaspoon of fish sauce (optional, but recommended).
- Use of optional garnish: fried tortilla chips or strips, chopped fresh chilies, onions, cilantro, avocado, and lime wedges.
Instructions to make Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup:
- Dump all but garnish ingredients into your slow cooker and give it a few good stirs..
- Cook on low for 7 to 9 hours, or high for 5 to 7, depending on how hot your slow cooker gets..
- It's always nice if you can give the soup a few gentle stirs throughout the cooking process, but if you can't manage that because you're out of the house, then you can give it a stir and adjust the seasoning as necessary as soon as you get home. This will give the soup some time to more evenly and thoroughly absorb flavor before you sit down to enjoy it..
- I like it with a little steamed rice, some chopped onions and cilantro on top, a good extra squeeze of lime, and a few lashings of Tapatío. 🙂 Enjoy!.
If you find this Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.