Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Amy's Aussie Meat Pies . recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Amy's Aussie Meat Pies . recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Amy's Aussie Meat Pies . recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Stamina Boosting Treats.
Healthy and balanced eating encourages a feeling of well being. We have a tendency to feel way less gross whenever we increase our intake of wholesome foods and decrease our consumption of unhealthy foods. Eating more vegetables helps you feel a lot better than eating a slice of pizza. This is usually a problem, however, when it comes to eating between snacks. Finding goodies that really help us feel better and boost our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. Here are a few healthy snacks that can be used when you need a fast pick me up.
Yogurt is a snack many people take for granted. Sometimes people decide to eat yogurt over a healthy lunch which is not the right idea. Low fat yogurt makes a fantastic snack, however. It is a protein-rich supply of healthy nutritional vitamins. Easily digestible, yogurt can also help your digestive system work appropriately depending upon the culture used to create it. Try putting in some nutritious nuts to unsweetened yogurt for a healthy snack idea. It’s an easy way to reduce sugar while still enjoying a yummy snack.
You will find lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that do not involve a lot of preparation or searching. Being healthier doesnt need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite simple.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to amy's aussie meat pies . recipe. To make amy's aussie meat pies . you only need 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Amy's Aussie Meat Pies .:
- Provide 1 kg of round steak.
- Take 1/4 cup of plain flour ..
- Use 1 pinch of salt.
- Take 2 pinch of freshly ground pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 medium of onion – finely chopped or grated.
- You need 1 cup of beef stock.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 5 of garlic chives – finely chopped.
- Take 8 of sheets ready rolled shortcrust pastry for individual pies.
- Use 1 of OR.
- Use 750 grams of shortcrust pastry for one large family pie.
- You need 1 of egg lightly beaten for sealing and glazing.
Instructions to make Amy's Aussie Meat Pies .:
- Trim the excess fat and sinew from the meat , then cut the meat into 2cm cubes ..
- place the flour in a plastic bag add some salt and pepper then shake the bag to mix it well . now add the cubed meat into the bag and toss gently until well coated with flour . now remove the meat from the bag and shake off any excess flour ..
- Heat the oil in a heavy based pan then add the meat to the pan in batches , and cook quickly to seal until browned . remove from pan and drain on paper towels . leaving the meat juices in the pan add the onions to the pan and cook for 5 minutes or until soft ..
- once onions are done return meat to the pan with the onions and add the stock , tomato paste and worcestershire sauce , bring to the boil then reduce heat to simmer , covered , for 1 and 1/2 hours , stirring occasionally ..
- once cooked remove pan from heat and allow the meat mix to cool completely ..
- pre heat the oven to 210°C / 420°F..
- for individual pies , cut circle shapes for your pie base , for bottoms makes sure it is big enough to go all the way up the pie dish and the lids smaller than base but with enough for sealing them . i used 11cm pie tins for the individual pies so a bowl is a good way to get a slightly larger circle for your pie dish , about 14cm diameter . now line your pie tins and place bottom pastry into the pie dishes making sure there are no tears and that they reach the top ..
- Divide cooled steak filling evenly into the pie pastry shells . brush around the pastry rim with the beaten egg and place pastry lid on top and press the edges down to seal it . decorate if desired . brush the pie pastry top with the egg and using a sharp knife make 2 small slits in the top of each pie and place pies tins onto a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes or until pastry is golden . serve pies hot with tomato or your favourite sauce or non at all . enjoy . :-).
- for one large family pie , roll pastry out onto a lightly floured board until pastry is about 3mm thick and cut to fit large pie dish all the way up the sides and one smaller to fit as a lid for the pie . line your pie dish and place bottom pastry into bottom of pie dish and fill with cooled steak filling , brush edges with egg , add the lid pressing edges to seal the meat into the pie , with a sharp knife make three small slits in the lid and brush with egg . place the pie in preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes or until golden and crisp . slice and serve hot with sauce and mash . enjoy . :-).
- NOTE : a pie dish of any shape can be used , check the cup capacity by standing the dish on a level surface and measuring water into it . allow plenty of time for your pastry to thaw before using it . make sure the steak mix is completely cooled before adding it to the pastry . also you can add bacon , mushrooms , herbs in the cooking process to add to the flavor and variation of the pies . cheeses can also be added but on top of cooled mixture before lid goes on top. i added cheese to mine ..
If you find this Amy's Aussie Meat Pies . recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.