Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Nadan Kozhi curry (Chicken curry Kerala style) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Nadan Kozhi curry (Chicken curry Kerala style) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Nadan Kozhi curry (Chicken curry Kerala style) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Vitality Snacks.
We are all aware that having healthy meals can help us truly feel better within our bodies. When we eat more healthy snacks and a smaller amount of the detrimental ones we typically feel much better. Eating more vegetables helps you feel much better than eating a piece of pizza. This is often a problem, however, when it comes to eating between snacks. Finding snack foods that really help us feel better and enhance our energy levels often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting snack.
If you’re looking for a speedy snack, you can’t go drastically wrong with a whole grain one. Starting your morning with a piece of whole grain bread toasted can give you that additional boost you need to get going. Eating on the run may be more healthy with whole grain chips and crackers. Selecting whole grain foods is always much better than eating the processed grains we commonly come across in our grocery stores.
You will find lots of healthy snacks you can choose that never involve a lot of preparation or searching. Deciding to live a healthy lifestyle can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to nadan kozhi curry (chicken curry kerala style) recipe. To make nadan kozhi curry (chicken curry kerala style) you need 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Nadan Kozhi curry (Chicken curry Kerala style):
- Take 11/2 kg of chicken (cut and cleaned).
- Prepare of marinade.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of coriander powder.
- Take 1 tbsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garam masala powder.
- Provide 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Provide of Juice of 1 lemon.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Use of for the masala.
- Use 1 tbsp of ginger chopped and crushed.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of garlic chopped crushed.
- Provide 4-5 of green chillies.
- Get 4 of medium onions sliced.
- Use 1 of tomato sliced.
- Prepare 2 sprig of curry leaves.
- Use 1 tsp of garam masala powder.
- Use of Salt as required.
- Take 4 tbsp of coconut oil or any cooking oil.
Steps to make Nadan Kozhi curry (Chicken curry Kerala style):
- Take a pan and roast the powders in low flame mentioned under Marinade.First the coriander powder must be roasted till it become dark brown in color and then the chilli powder, garam masala powder and turmeric for a few second..
- Add the roasted masala to the chicken. To this add a juice of lemon and 1/2 tsp of salt and combine it well and marinate it for an hour.
- Mean while take a cast iron pan or any kadai. Heat the pan and add the coconut oil. When the oil is hot enough, add the crushed ginger and garlic and saute till the raw smell goes off..
- Add onions, green chillies, a sprig of curry leaf and saute in a medium flame, till the onions become translucent.
- After this add 1 tsp of garam masala powder and just mix it. Then add the tomatoes and cook till the tomatoes become soft.
- Add the marinade chicken to the onion tomato masala. Combine the chicken well in such a way that all the masala coated well. Usually there is no need to add any water to the masala as the heat releases the juices from the chicken. If you feel the gravy is not enough to cook the chicken you can add a 1/2 cup hot water.
- Cover and cook the chicken in a low flame for about 1/2 hour. Add salt if required. After 1/2 hour open and cook for another 10 minutes till the gravy thickens and get coated on the chicken..
- Turn off the flame. Garnish with curry leaves. Serve hot and have with ghee rice or simply plain rice or paratha or chapati 😋.
If you find this Nadan Kozhi curry (Chicken curry Kerala style) recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.