Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Malay Fish Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Malay Fish Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Vitality Goodies.
Enjoying healthy foods tends to make all the difference in the way we feel. We have a tendency to feel way less gross whenever we increase our intake of healthy foods and reduce our consumption of unhealthy foods. A piece of pizza doesn’t make you feel as healthy as ingesting a fresh green salad. Deciding on healthier food choices can be difficult when it is snack time. Finding snacks that help us feel better and enhance our energy levels often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. Here are a handful of healthy snacks that you can use when you need a fast pick me up.
Certain foods made from whole grains are great for a fast snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread coupled with some protein will keep you until it’s time for lunch break. Chips and crackers produced from whole grains can be excellent for quick snacks to eat on the go. Deciding on whole grain food items is always better than eating the refined grains we commonly obtain in our grocery stores.
A large selection of quick health snacks is easily obtainable. Deciding to live a healthy way of life can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to malay fish curry recipe. You can have malay fish curry using 23 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Malay Fish Curry:
- You need of Halba Campur (Thalippu Spice Blend) recipe;.
- Use 1 Tbsp of Mustard Seeds.
- Provide 1 tsp of Fenugreek.
- Use 1 tsp of Fennel Seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of Cumin Seeds.
- Take 1 tsp of Black Gram (Ulunthu).
- You need of Main Ingredients;.
- Provide 130 g of Sea bass fillet (mackerel is good too).
- Take 2 Tbsp of Curry Powder (see Malay Chicken Curry).
- Provide 1 Tbsp of Halba Campur.
- Prepare 20 g of Shallots (finely chopped).
- You need 10 g of Garlic (finely chopped).
- Provide 20 g of Ginger (finely chopped).
- Prepare 6 of curry leaves.
- Use 100 g of Potatoes (slice).
- Use 100 g of Tomatoes (diced).
- Get 2 pc of Tamarind slices.
- You need 1/2 cup of Coconut milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of Water.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- Use 3 Tbsp of Cooking Oil.
- Get 1 Stalk of Spring Onion (for Garnish).
Instructions to make Malay Fish Curry:
- In a wok heat cooking oil on high heat. Fry the Halba Campur spice blend until fragrant. Then add the shallots, garlic and ginger and fry these until fragrant. Then add the curry powder and mix well until that is fragrant..
- Next add the tomatoes and potatoes and fry for 1 minute. After that, add 1/2 cup of water and cover with a lid. Let it stew for 5 minutes while stirring every 1 minute..
- Next turn down the heat to low heat. Add in the coconut milk, tamarind slices, curry leaves, sugar, salt and then mix well. Add in the fish and cover with lid for 5 minutes. Serve on a plate and garnish with spring onions..
- COMMENTARY; Black Gram that you use for this is the processed one and it is white in color. The Malay name for it is Halba Putih (White Fenugreek) which is wrong. You can substitute Black Gram with Nigella Seeds (Black Carraway) and this spice blend recipe is called Panch Phoron that is used in Northeast India (Bengal, Nepal).
If you find this Malay Fish Curry recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.