Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Thai Massaman Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Thai Massaman Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Thai Massaman Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Deciding to eat healthily has great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are dealing with health conditions such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. It is likely that lots of people assume it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. It is possible, though, to make a few small changes that can start to make a difference to our day-to-day eating habits.
Initially, you will need to be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your basket that you don’t want to eat. As an example, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever stop to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? One wholesome substitute that can give you a good start to your day is oatmeal. By mixing in fresh fruit, you can give your oatmeal a better flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
Evidently, it’s not at all hard to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to thai massaman curry recipe. To cook thai massaman curry you need 23 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Thai Massaman Curry:
- You need 350 g of Chicken Meat (cut into pieces).
- You need 300 g of Potatoes (diced).
- You need 4 Tbsp of Cooking Oil.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Tamarind Paste (soaked in 1/2 cup warm water).
- You need 1 cup of Coconut Milk.
- Provide 1-2 Tbsp of Palm Sugar.
- You need of [Marinade].
- Prepare 2 pinches of Salt (or more).
- Get 1/2 tsp of White Pepper (or more).
- Get of [Massaman Spice Mix] – ground well.
- Provide 1 pc of Cinnamon Stick.
- You need 5 pc of Cardamom Pods.
- Prepare 5 pc of Cloves.
- Use 5 pc of Black peppercorns.
- You need 1 tsp of Cumin Seeds.
- Take of [Curry Paste] – processed in a blender.
- Get 30 g of Red Chillies (deseed).
- Take 30 g of Green Chillies (deseed).
- Get 40 g of Garlic.
- Use 40 g of Shallots.
- Use 20 g of Finger.
- Provide 20 g of Galangal.
- Use 1 tsp of Shrimp Paste.
Steps to make Thai Massaman Curry:
- MARINADE; season the Chicken with Salt and Pepper and set aside for 30 minutes or more..
- CHICKEN: heat 4 Tbsp of Cooking Oil until hot. Sauté the Spice Mix for 1 minute. Then add the Chicken and coat well. Cook the Chicken until brown all over..
- PASTE & POTATOES: add the Curry Paste and Potatoes. Mix well and cook until the oil separates..
- LIQUIDS: then add in the Coconut Milk, Tamarind Juice, Palm Sugar and mix well. Bring it to a simmer and cover with a lid. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring the bottom occasionally..
- FINISH: after 10 minutes, remove the lid, and continue to cook until the gravy thickens. Garnish with Fresh Coriander Leaves and serve with rice..
If you find this Thai Massaman Curry recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.