Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Massaman Beef Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Massaman Beef Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons why this is so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. Although we’re always being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. A lot of people typically assume that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. In reality, however, simply making a couple of minor changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
One way to deal with this to start seeing some results is to understand that you do not need to change everything at once or that you should altogether do away with certain foods from your diet. If you desire to commit to a wholesale change, that is okay but the main thing at first is to try to ensure that you are making more healthy eating choices. Sooner or later, you will find that you actually prefer to ingest healthy foods after you have eaten that way for some time. As with many other habits, change occurs over a period of time and once a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you are not going to feel the need to return to your old diet.
Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to massaman beef curry recipe. You can cook massaman beef curry using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Massaman Beef Curry:
- You need 1 pack (250 g) of cubed chuck beef or stewing beef cut into long strips.
- Get 3 tablespoons of Massaman curry paste.
- Prepare 4-5 of shallots, peeled.
- Prepare 1 of onion chopped in big chunks.
- Prepare 1 can of coconut milk.
- You need 2-3 tbsp of fish sauce.
- Get 2-3 of grated palm sugar (or brown sugar).
- Take 2 tbsp of tamarind.
- Provide 1 of medium-sized potato, peeled and cut into chunks.
- Get 4-5 tablespoons of unsalted roasted peanuts (can use cashew nut if prefer).
- Use 2 of star anise.
Instructions to make Massaman Beef Curry:
- In a big saucepan, add about 2-3 tbsp coconut milk (use the thick part) and wait until coconut milk start bubbling. Add beef in and stir for 2-3 min..
- Add star anise and Massaman curry in and mix in well..
- Add onion, in and leave it to cook for about 30 min then add potato and the rest of your coconut milk in..
- Seasoning with fishsauce, palm sugar, tamarind. Give it a taste it should be sweet, salty and a little sour and nutty. Add some cashew nuts or peanuts and stir well. Leave it to cook for about another 25 min or until potatoes cooked. Add a little bit of water if needed too..
- Perfectly serve with thai jasmine rice..
- For oven braised method: Coat beef in 1 tablespoon of oil, star anise and massaman curry paste, mix well. You can braise your beef in the oven for about an hour. Once your beef in oven for 45 min – an hour put coconut milk in saucepan, then curry paste and mix well then add your beef that have been braised in the oven in the. Add onion, fishsauce, tamarind paste, palm sugar and the rest of coconut milk in. Mix well..
If you find this Massaman Beef Curry recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.