Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Grandma's chicken curry special recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Grandma's chicken curry special recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Grandma's chicken curry special recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Opting to eat healthily has marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health conditions such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to lead a healthier way of living and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. Most people typically think that healthy diets demand a lot of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make several small changes that can start to make a good impact on our day-to-day eating habits.
Initially, you will have to be extremely careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your cart that you don’t want to eat. For example, in all likelihood you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out how much sugar it has. Having a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. By adding fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to grandma's chicken curry special recipe. To cook grandma's chicken curry special you need 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Grandma's chicken curry special:
- You need of Main.
- Get 1/2 kg of chicken parts (can be wing, thigh or drumstick).
- You need 2 of potato, medium, peeled and cut into wedges.
- Take of Spice.
- Prepare 1 of yellow ginger (turmeric), peeled outer skin, sliced (please use glove to avoid stain).
- You need 1 of blue ginger (galangal), peeled outer skin, sliced.
- Use 1 of lemongrass, trim the root and discard green upper portion, use only white stem.
- Use 20 of small purple onion, peeled and chopped.
- Take 6 of dried red chilli, soaked in water to soften, remove seed and cut into tiny bits (please use glove).
- Prepare of Other.
- Provide 200 ml of coconut cream/milk, do not dilute.
- Provide 300 ml of water.
- Use 3 tbsp of cooking oil.
Steps to make Grandma's chicken curry special:
- Wash chicken parts with coarse salt and rinse clean with water..
- For those not sure what the spices look like. Here is a photo taken before being pounded/grind..
- Grind/pound each spices one by one, then mix together to grind/pound. If you using pounder, crush/smash the lemongrass in mixture. If you using grinder, crush/smash the lemongrass separately, do not grind lemongrass..
- Heat cooking oil in frying pan using medium heat. Stir fry the spices till fragrant for 3 minutes..
- Add in chicken parts. Stir fry till chicken evenly mixed for 5 minutes..
- Turn off the heat. Add coconut cream/milk. Stir everything till chicken parts evenly coated..
- Scoop everything in frying pan to a big pot. Add in potato and water. Use low heat to simmer for 20 minutes. Do not cover the pot completely to avoid boiling over. Stir the curry frequently to avoid curry being burnt at bottom..
- Ready to serve with rice while hot..
If you find this Grandma's chicken curry special recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.