Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Tuna curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Tuna curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is now a great deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. There are a lot of illnesses linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to adopt a more healthy lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that lots of people assume it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. It is possible, however, to make several small changes that can start to make a good impact on our day-to-day eating habits.
Initially, you must be very careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your basket that you don’t want to eat. For instance, have you ever checked how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? A great healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been found to be beneficial for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy at the start of the day. By putting in fresh fruit, you can improve the flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to tuna curry recipe. To make tuna curry you need 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Tuna curry:
- Prepare 2 tbsp of generic curry powder blend.
- Get 2 of salam leaves (see Note).
- Get 2 kg of diced fresh tuna.
- Prepare 500 ml (2 cups) of coconut cream.
- Get to taste of salt and pepper,.
- Prepare of steamed rice, to serve.
- Use 6 of red bird's-eye chillies.
- Prepare 2 pieces of fresh turmeric, peeled.
- Provide 8 of golden eschalots.
- Use 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) of palm oil.
- You need 10 of candlenuts.
- You need 6 of garlic cloves.
- Take 3 cm of knob galangal, peeled.
- You need 1 stalk of lemongrass, smashed and left whole.
Steps to make Tuna curry:
- For the paste, place all the ingredients except 125 ml (½ cup) of the palm oil and the lemongrass into a spice grinder or food processor and blend to a smooth paste..
- Heat the remaining palm oil in a wok over high heat. Add the paste and lemongrass and cook for about 5 minutes or until fragrant. Stir in the curry powder and salam leaves, then add the tuna and gently stir, making sure the tuna doesn’t break up..
- Add the coconut cream, season to taste and bring to the boil. Simmer over low heat for 5 minutes, then remove from the heat and stand for 30 minutes before serving with steamed rice..
- NOTES Salam leaves are Indonesian bay leaves. You can substitute with curry leaves or bay leaves..
If you find this Tuna curry recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.