Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Paruppu Urundai Kuzhambu / South Indian Toor dal Kofta Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Paruppu Urundai Kuzhambu / South Indian Toor dal Kofta Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Paruppu Urundai Kuzhambu / South Indian Toor dal Kofta Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that provide You Power.
Eating healthy foods can make all the difference in how we feel. We have a tendency to feel way less gross when we increase our intake of healthy foods and decrease our consumption of processed foods. A piece of pizza doesn’t make you feel as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s tough to find wholesome foods for something to eat between meals. Shopping for snack foods can be a difficult task because you have a great number of options. Why not try some of the following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Yogurt is often a snack many people take for granted. Often people elect to eat yogurt over a healthy lunch which is not the right idea. As a treat, however, yogurt is one of the best things you can reach for. It is a protein-rich source of nutritious nutritional vitamins. Easily digestible, yogurt can even help your digestive tract work correctly depending upon the culture used to make it. Try putting in some wholesome nuts to unsweetened natural yogurt for a healthy snack idea. It’s an easy way to lessen sugar while still enjoying a yummy snack.
A large selection of instant health snacks is easily available. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s easy to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to paruppu urundai kuzhambu / south indian toor dal kofta curry recipe. To cook paruppu urundai kuzhambu / south indian toor dal kofta curry you need 25 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Paruppu Urundai Kuzhambu / South Indian Toor dal Kofta Curry:
- Get of For Making Paruppu Urundai / Toor dal Kofta.
- Use 3 cups of Split Pigeon Peas/Toor dal.
- Take 3/4 cup of Split Chickpeas / Chana dal.
- You need 1 tbsp of Cumin Seeds/Jeera.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Asafoetida Powder.
- Take 12 of Green Chilli.
- Take 6 of Dry Red Chilli.
- Use 3/4 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- Provide 3/4 cup of Grated Coconut.
- Provide 1/4 cup of Coriander Leaves.
- You need 4 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare of For the Kuzhambu/Curry.
- Get 1/2 cup of Oil.
- Provide 1 tbsp of Mustard.
- Provide 4 sprigs of curry leaves.
- Take 1 tsp of Asafoetida/Hing Powder.
- Use 1 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- Take 1/2 cup of Sambar Powder.
- Provide 8 of Tomato(Finely Chopped).
- Use 100 g of Tamarind (Soak in hot water and extract thick pulp).
- Get 6 litre of Water.
- You need 3 tbsp of or more Salt.
- Take 2 cup of Grated Coconut.
- Use 2 tsp of Fennel Seeds/Aniseeds/Bade Saunf/Sombu.
- Get 1 cup of Coriander Leaves.
Steps to make Paruppu Urundai Kuzhambu / South Indian Toor dal Kofta Curry:
- How To Make Paruppu Urundai/Toordal Kofta?.
- Soak toor dal, chana dal, chillies and cumin seeds in enough water for 2 hours..
- Drain the water. Grind into a coarse paste..
- Mix all other ingredients mentioned under the head 'For making Paruppu Urundai/Toordal Kofta'..
- Reserve 1/4th portion of the paste. Make equal sized balls(I made 60 balls) and steam them in a idli cooker for 10 mins..
- How To Make Kuzhambu/Curry?.
- Heat oil. Papaya up the mustard. Add in the hing and curry leaves. Saute..
- Now add in the tomato, tamarind pulp, turmeric powder, sambar powder and salt..
- Cook till oil separates. Add the reserved dal paste. Saute..
- Now add water and salt..
- After the water comes to a boil, add the urundais/koftas one by one into the curry, very carefully so that the urudais/koftas do not break. Cook on medium flame for 8 to 10 mins..
- Meanwhile, grind grated coconut and fennel seeds into a very fine paste..
- Add the coconut paste to the curry. Cook for a few more mins..
- Garnish with coriander leaves..
- Offer Paruppu Urundai Kuzhambu with Cooked Rice to Lord Sri Krishna. Honor Krishna Prasadam..
If you find this Paruppu Urundai Kuzhambu / South Indian Toor dal Kofta Curry recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.