Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Khandavi (Gujarati snakes) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Khandavi (Gujarati snakes) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Khandavi (Gujarati snakes) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is now a great deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are suffering from diseases such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Even though we’re incessantly being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that many people believe it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, though, to make a few minor changes that can start to make a difference to our daily eating habits.
These sorts of changes are possible with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also good for your skin. It might be that you already feel that you eat fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. Organic foods are a superb alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemical substances. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being picked at the right time.
Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to khandavi (gujarati snakes) recipe. To make khandavi (gujarati snakes) you need 15 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Khandavi (Gujarati snakes):
- Prepare 1 Cup of besan.
- Provide 3/4 cup of sour curd.
- Get 2.25 cups of water,to be mixed with the curd.
- Get 1 teaspoon of ginger+green chilli paste.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Take 2/3 teaspoon of salt.
- Provide 1 pinch of hing.
- You need 2 tablespoons of fresh grated coconut for garnish.
- Take 2 tablespoons of chopped coriander leaves for garnish.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Take 8-10 of curry leaves for garnish.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds for garnish.
- Use 2 teaspoons of white sesame seeds for garnish.
- Get 1 teaspoon of green chilli for garnish.
- Provide 1 -2 tablespoon of pomegranate for garnish.
Steps to make Khandavi (Gujarati snakes):
- Take the curd (yogurt) in a bowl.add water and stir well till smooth..
- Add ginger+green chilli paste, turmeric powder,hing and salt mix well..
- Add the ham flour (besan) with a wired whish,keep on stirring and mixing till all the lumps are dissolved and you get a smooth batter..
- Spread oil on plates or boards or tray or thalis work very well..
- Also mix the chopped coriander leaves and grated coconut keep aside..
- Pour the batter in a sauce pan.switch on the stove top and keep the flame to the lowest begin to stir..
- Keep on stirring when the khandvi batter is getting heated up.lumps begin to form and you have to continuously stir so that the lumps don't form..
- The batter would thicken and keep on thickening.keep on stirring..
- The batter also should not be allowed to stick at the bottom.so you have to stir continue..
- Do a plate test when the batter has thickened well..
- Spread a few teaspoon of the batter on a greased plate.let it cool a bit and then begin to roll.if you are unable to roll,then the batter needs to be cooked more..
- Gently roll each strip tightly..
- You can also skip this stuffing part and directly garnish with coconut and coriander leaves once you temper the khandavi role..
- Arrange the khandavi roles..
- Heat oil and crackle the mustard seeds..
- Then add curry leaves, green chillies and fry a few second..
- Add sesame seeds when they change colour and crackle..
- Pour the hot tempering mixture along with the oil on the khandavi rolls evenly.garnish with grated coconut, coriander leaves and Pomegranat..
- Khandavi ready….
If you find this Khandavi (Gujarati snakes) recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.