Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Macha besar (mustard fish curry) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Macha besar (mustard fish curry) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Making the decision to eat healthily offers great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Even though we’re constantly being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. Most people typically believe that healthy diets require much work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. In reality, however, simply making a couple of small changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
These types of changes can be done with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a good source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also terrific for your skin. If you currently consume lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with deadly chemical substances. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier since you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
As you can see, it is not difficult to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to macha besar (mustard fish curry) recipe. You can have macha besar (mustard fish curry) using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Macha besar (mustard fish curry):
- Get 500 gm of small fish.
- Take 1 tsp of chilli powder.
- Get 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Provide of Ingredients for mustard gravy:.
- Provide 3 tbsp of mustard seeds –.
- Take 1 tbsp of cumin seeds.
- Use 8 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Provide 2 tsp of salt.
- Use 2-3 of sun dried raw mangoes ambula(soak in 1 cup water for minimum 10 mins).
- Take 2 of dry chilli.
- Provide 6-7 of curry leaves.
- Take 5 tbsp of oil.
Steps to make Macha besar (mustard fish curry):
- Mix all the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, garlic and one dry chilli in a bowl with one cup water for one hour. Grind this mixture. Soak the dried mangoes in half cup water for 15 mins..
- Put a kadai on medium flame and add the masala paste with 2 cups water and 2 tsp salt. Saute for 15 mins. Add the soaked dried mangoes to the kadai and saute for 15 mins. Clean the small fish and marinate with chilli powder, salt, turmeric powder for 30 mins..
- Place a pan on medium flame. Once hot, add 5 tbsp oil. Add the fish and fry for 2-3 mins on each side. Fry the fish till the colour changes golden brown on both sides. Add the fried fish to the mustard gravy and saute carefully for 3 mins on medium flame. Try not to break the fish..
- Heat a pan and add 2 tbsp oil. Once hot, add 1 tbsp mustard seeds and 1 dry chilli. When they crackle, add curry leaves, 4 garlic (finely chopped) and saute for 30 secs. Now add 3 tbsp water and give it a mix. Now add this to the fish curry. Mustard fish curry is ready to be served..
If you find this Macha besar (mustard fish curry) recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.