Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Sorakkai kadalaiparpu kootu/Bottlegourd/Lauki chana dal stirfry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Sorakkai kadalaiparpu kootu/Bottlegourd/Lauki chana dal stirfry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sorakkai kadalaiparpu kootu/Bottlegourd/Lauki chana dal stirfry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is now a good deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. There are many diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a bad way. It is likely that many people assume it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, though, to make several simple changes that can start to make a good impact on our daily eating habits.
Initially, you will need to be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your shopping cart that you no longer wish to eat. For example, have you ever checked how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? One wholesome substitute that can give you a healthy start to your day is oatmeal. Mix in fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a normal part of your new healthy diet.
All in all, it is not hard to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sorakkai kadalaiparpu kootu/bottlegourd/lauki chana dal stirfry recipe. To cook sorakkai kadalaiparpu kootu/bottlegourd/lauki chana dal stirfry you only need 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Sorakkai kadalaiparpu kootu/Bottlegourd/Lauki chana dal stirfry:
- Get 1 of medium Bottlegourd(chopped).
- Use 1/2 cup of chanadhal.
- Prepare 1 of big onion (chopped).
- Take 2-3 of green chillies (slit).
- Get 2 of spring curry leaves.
- You need 3 tbspn of grated coconut.
- Use 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Use 1/2 tsp of urad dal.
- Take 1 tsp of Cumin/jeera seeds.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Use To taste of salt.
- You need 2 tbspn of oil.
Steps to make Sorakkai kadalaiparpu kootu/Bottlegourd/Lauki chana dal stirfry:
- In a pressure cooker take chanadhal, add ½ cup water and cook for 3-4 whistles..
- Wash and chop the bottlegourd soak in water to avoid discoloration..
- Heat oil in kadai, add mustard seeds after it cracks add urad dal and cumin seeds..
- Next add curry leaves, green chillies and onions. Saute till translucent..
- Drain and add the bottlegourd, turmeric powder and salt..
- Sprinkle water cover with lid and cook till soft. Then add the cooked chanadhal. Mix well and cook till dry..
- Add grated coconut and give quick stir..
If you find this Sorakkai kadalaiparpu kootu/Bottlegourd/Lauki chana dal stirfry recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.