Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Doi-Katla Kalia (Carp Fish in Yoghurt Curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Doi-Katla Kalia (Carp Fish in Yoghurt Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Doi-Katla Kalia (Carp Fish in Yoghurt Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is nowadays a great deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is one factor in health conditions such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. It is likely that many people believe it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by implementing some simple changes.
These types of changes are possible with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil, for instance, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. It also has vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. If you currently are eating lots of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, go for organic produce that has not been sprayed with deadly chemical substances. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier because you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
All in all, it is not hard to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to doi-katla kalia (carp fish in yoghurt curry recipe. You can cook doi-katla kalia (carp fish in yoghurt curry using 26 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Doi-Katla Kalia (Carp Fish in Yoghurt Curry:
- You need 500 gms of Katla Fish (Big Slices/Pieces).
- Provide 4 tbsp of Cooking Oil (Any).
- Provide 1 Cup of Mustard Oil (To fry the Fish).
- Prepare To Taste of Salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Sugar.
- Take 1/2 Cup of Plain Yoghurt (well beaten with the sugar).
- Provide 1 Cup of Onions 🧅 Slices.
- Get 2-3 of dry red chillies.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Provide 4-5 of cloves.
- Get Few of black peppercorns.
- Use 1-2 of bay leaves.
- Take 1 of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 1-2 of green cardamoms.
- Take 1 of black cardimom.
- Use 1 tsp of Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder.
- Use 1 tsp of Red Chilli Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Ginger Paste.
- Take 1/2 tsp of Garlic Paste.
- Get 3-4 of Red Chilli Paste.
- You need 1.5 tsp of Ghee.
- Get 1-1.5 Cups of Hot Water (For Gravy).
- Take 1 of Small Tomatoes (Chopped/Optional).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garam Masala Powder (Homemade).
- You need 2 of Potatoes (Optional): Ideally, it’s added though in the same 😊💁🏻♀️.
Instructions to make Doi-Katla Kalia (Carp Fish in Yoghurt Curry:
- Clean the fish pieces & marinate with some salt & turmeric powder & set aside for at least 30-40 mins time (more is better always), Make a smooth paste out of the wet Masalas- aforementioned.
- Heat a frying pan 🍳 & fry the fish pieces in batches depending on its sizes to crispy dark brown Color over the medium-high flame 🔥.
- In another Frying Pan 🍳: Add in the oil & goes in the tempering spices & when it released the aroma add in the onion slices & some salt 🧂 & sauté until golden brown.
- Now, add in the wet masala paste & keep stirring continuously to avoid burning- Need to sauté until its raw smell goes off & release a nice 👍🏻 aroma from the same.
- Once well sautéd, put off the flame 🔥 to add in the whisked yoghurt with the sugar & add into the gravy while stirring continuously to avoid curdling of it & then putron the flame 🔥 again to complete the cooking.
- Add in some hot water for the desired GRAVY…once comes to the boiling point- add in the fried fish 🐠 & immerse it well- put the flame to the low & cover the lid & allow it to cook for another 10-12 mins time, lastly- put garam masala powder & ghee, give it a final mix- put off the flame 🔥 & allow it to rest it in its standby position for 10 mins time before serving hot.
- Serve it Hot with Hot Plain Rice 🍛💁🏻♀️🍚….ENJOY !!! 😍.
If you find this Doi-Katla Kalia (Carp Fish in Yoghurt Curry recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.