Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Curry Couscous with Chickpeas recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Curry Couscous with Chickpeas recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Making the decision to eat healthily offers great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who suffer from diseases such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to follow a healthier lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that a lot of people believe it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. It is possible, though, to make some small changes that can start to make a good impact on our everyday eating habits.
These changes are possible with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. For example, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. It is also a great source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also good for your skin. Although you may already eat lots of fruits and leafy greens, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier as you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Evidently, it’s easy to begin incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to curry couscous with chickpeas recipe. To make curry couscous with chickpeas you only need 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Curry Couscous with Chickpeas:
- Get 1 cup of (cooked) – Chick peas.
- Use 1 of Veg /Chicken stock cube.
- Prepare 1.3/4 cup of Boiling Hot water.
- You need 1 tbsp of Oil (Coconut, sunflower or Olive oil).
- You need 1/2 tsp of Chilli flakes.
- Use 1/4 tsp of Pepper powder.
- Get 3 tbsp of (finely chopped) – Red bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of Couscous.
- You need 2 tbsp of Coriander leaves.
- Get 2 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- Take To taste of Salt.
Steps to make Curry Couscous with Chickpeas:
- Cook the chickpeas with salt. Drain the water and set it aside..
- Take a large bowl, place the stock cube in it and pour the hot water. Stir till the cube is dissolved..
- To it, add the Oil, chilli flakes, Pepper powder and chopped Red bell pepper.
- To this, add the Couscous. Give it a quick stir, cover the bowl with a lid and set it aside for 7 minutes..
- After ten minutes, remove the lid. With a fork, gently mix the contents..
- To this add the chickpeas, Lemon juice and Coriander leaves and salt (if required). Give it a quick mix with the fork again and cover for another 3 minutes. Curry Couscous with chickpeas is ready to eat..
If you find this Curry Couscous with Chickpeas recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.