Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chidambaram Kathirikkai Gothsu / South Indian Brinjal & Lentils Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chidambaram Kathirikkai Gothsu / South Indian Brinjal & Lentils Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Opting to eat healthily provides many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who are dealing with diseases such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a bad way. It is likely that a lot of people believe it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by making a few small changes.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you shop for food as it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out its sugar content. A superb healthy option can be porridge oats which have been shown to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy at the start of the day. By putting in fresh fruit, you can improve the flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
Obviously, it’s not difficult to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chidambaram kathirikkai gothsu / south indian brinjal & lentils curry recipe. You can cook chidambaram kathirikkai gothsu / south indian brinjal & lentils curry using 15 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Chidambaram Kathirikkai Gothsu / South Indian Brinjal & Lentils Curry:
- Provide of Brinjal/eggplants- 4, cut into small cubes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Yellow lentils /moong dal-.
- Provide of Pearl onions /shallots- 6-8, thinly sliced.
- Provide of Green chilies- 2, slit lengthwise.
- Get of Tomato- 1, finely chopped.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of Turmeric powder-.
- Get 1/4 tsp of Mustard seeds-.
- Use 1/2 tsp of Cumin seeds-.
- You need 1 sprig of Curry leaves-.
- You need 1 pinch of Asafoetida –.
- Use 2 tbsp of Tamarind paste –.
- Use 2 of Whole dry chilies-.
- Provide To taste of Salt-.
- Take As needed of Water-.
- Provide As needed of Oil-.
Steps to make Chidambaram Kathirikkai Gothsu / South Indian Brinjal & Lentils Curry:
- In a pressure cooker, add the moong dal along with the chopped onions, green chilies, tomatoes, brinjal cubes, turmeric powder, salt, & enough water. Cook for 2-3 whistles until the vegetables and the dal is cooked. Remove from flame and keep aside for the pressure to subside..
- Heat oil in a small pan. Splutter mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves, dry red chilies, and asafoetida powder. Let them sizzle a bit. Open the lid of the pressure cooker, and add 1/2 cup of water if the mixture is too thick. Add the prepared seasoning to the cooked dal mixture. Add the tamarind paste and simmer for few minutes. Serve hot as a side dish for idli or dosa..
If you find this Chidambaram Kathirikkai Gothsu / South Indian Brinjal & Lentils Curry recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.