Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Green Gram Dhal Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Green Gram Dhal Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for doing this. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to lead a more healthy way of living and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. Most likely, most people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, however, merely making a couple of small changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
These sorts of changes can be done with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. For instance, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. It can likewise be beneficial for your skin since it is an excellent source of vitamin E. If you currently are eating plenty of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, try to buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous chemicals. Finding a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the option of consuming foods that still contain almost all of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Obviously, it’s not at all difficult to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to green gram dhal curry recipe. You can cook green gram dhal curry using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Green Gram Dhal Curry:
- Get 1 cup of Green Gram.
- Use 1 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- Provide 2 of Onions (chopped).
- Prepare 1 inch of Ginger (chopped).
- You need (chopped) 4 pods of Garlic.
- Get 2 of chilies Green (chopped).
- Use 2 of Tomatoes (chopped).
- Take 1 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare 2 tsps of Chili powder.
- Use 2 tsps of Coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Provide 2 tbsps of Oil.
- Prepare 2 – 3 cups of Water (accordingly).
- Take handful of Coriander mint leaves or (chopped).
Steps to make Green Gram Dhal Curry:
- Wash the green gram under running cold water till water runs clear. Soak it in enough warm water for about 1 hour. After soaking, discard the water, add green gram to pressure cooker with salt..
- Then add 1 1/2 cups of water to the green gram. Close it with the lid, put the weight on, turn on the heat on high. Let it cook for 1 whistle on high + 10 mins on medium-low. Let the pressure go down by itself and then open the cover..
- While pressure is releasing, heat the oil in a pan on medium heat. Once hot add cumin seeds, let them sizzle..
- Then add chopped onions and saute till golden brown. And salt to speed up the process. To this add ginger, garlic and green chilies. Saute until raw smell disappears..
- Then add chopped tomatoes and mix. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the tomatoes soften. Then add cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and red chili powder. Mix it well and cook for a minute or until the oil separates..
- Then add the cooked green gram and 3/4 cups of water. Mix well and let it simmer for 4-5 minutes. You can adjust the consistency by adding more water or boiling the extra water as per your preference..
- Turn off the stove and then add lemon juice. Garnish with mint leaves or coriander leaves. Mix well and it is ready to serve with rice or chapati..
If you find this Green Gram Dhal Curry recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.