Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Chickpea Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Chickpea Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chickpea Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that give You Energy.
Enjoying healthy foods makes all the difference in the way you feel. We have a tendency to feel way less gross when we increase our consumption of nutritious foods and reduce our consumption of junk foods. Eating more vegetables helps you feel a lot better than eating a piece of pizza. Choosing healthier food choices can be tough when it’s snack time. You can spend hours at the food market searching for the perfect snack foods to help you feel healthy. Here are a handful of healthy snacks which you can use when you need a quick pick me up.
If you are looking for a fast snack, you can’t go drastically wrong with a whole grain one. A bit of whole wheat toast, for instance is a great snack in the morning. Chips and crackers created from whole grains can be great for quick snack foods to eat on the go. Whole grains are usually better than processed grains found in white bread.
You do not have to look far to find a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the choice to be healthy, it’s simple to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chickpea curry recipe. You can cook chickpea curry using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chickpea Curry:
- You need 2 TBSP of Canola / Peanut / Vegetable Oil,.
- Prepare 1 of Red Onion Thinly Sliced,.
- Get Pinch of Sea Salt,.
- You need Pinch of Black Pepper,.
- Use 3 Cloves of Garlic Finely Minced,.
- Get 2 TSP of Bengal Style Garam Masala,.
- You need 1 TBSP of Madras Curry Powder,.
- You need Pinch of Cayenne,.
- Get 14.5 oz of Chickpeas Canned Drained,.
- Prepare 14.5 oz of Tomatoes Canned Diced,.
- Use 14.5 oz of Coconut Milk,.
- You need 2 TBSP of Maple Syrup,.
- Use 2 TBSP of Pic's Peanut Butter.
- Use of Fresh Lemon Juice, 1/2 Lemon.
- Get of Fresh Lemon Zest, 1/2 Lemon.
- Take of Cauliflower Couscous, 4 Servings.
- Use of Vegan-Friendly Pita Homemade or Store-Bought, For Serving.
- Prepare of Coriander Coarsely Chopped, For Garnishing.
Steps to make Chickpea Curry:
- You can use store-bought vegan-friendly pita or visit: https://www.fatdough.sg/post/2018/10/03/greek-pita-bread Replace the milk with any dairy-free milk for a vegan option..
- Pls visit: https://www.fatdough.sg/post/couscous-sweet-potato-boats for the couscous recipe..
- Pls visit: https://www.fatdough.sg/post/madras-curry-powder for the curry powder recipe..
- Pls visit: https://www.fatdough.sg/post/2019/11/21/bengal-style-garam-masala for the garam masala recipe..
- In a sauce pot over medium heat, drizzle oil. Once the oil is heated up, add in the onion. Season with salt and pepper..
- Saute until onions are caramelized. Add in garlic. Saute until aromatic. Add in the garam masala, curry powder and cayenne. Saute until aromatic..
- Add in chickpeas, tomatoes and coconut milk. *If you are using fresh chickpeas, soak them in water overnight.* Stir to combine well and deglaze the bottom of the pot. Bring it up to a simmer and turn the heat down to low..
- Cover and simmer for about 10 mins. *Stir occasionally to prevent burning.* Add in maple syrup and peanut butter. Taste and adjust for seasonings with salt and pepper..
- Give it a quick stir. Remove from heat. Finish the curry off with lemon juice and zest..
- Give it a final stir. Spoon over some cauliflower couscous or pita bread. Sprinkle some coriander over the top. Serve immediately..
If you find this Chickpea Curry recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.