Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Red Lentil recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Red Lentil recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Red Lentil recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for this. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who suffer from health problems such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. While we’re incessantly being counseled to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. A lot of people typically assume that healthy diets require a lot of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. In reality, however, simply making some small changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
Initially, you should be very careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your basket that you no longer wish to eat. For example, if you have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? One nutritious option that can give you a good start to your day is oatmeal. If this is not to your liking on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to red lentil recipe. To cook red lentil you need 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Red Lentil:
- Use 4 piece of Kokum (optional).
- Get 1 tsp of Ginger Garlic paste.
- Take 1 tsp of Tamarind paste.
- Use 3 clove of garlic.
- Get 5 of Curry leaves.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of clarified butter.
- Use of salt.
- Provide 2 medium of Tomatoes.
- Take of Vegetarian cuisine.
- Take 125 grams of Red Lentil.
- You need 50 grams of Black eye gram.
- Get 2 medium of onion, chopped.
- Use 1 tsp of Red chilly powder.
- You need 1 tsp of coriander seeds powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin seeds powder.
- Get 4 pinch of turmeric powder.
Steps to make Red Lentil:
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker..
- Put the finely chopped onions in the hot oil n let it fry till golden brown..
- Once the onions are golden brown add the ginger garlic paste and stir for a couple of minutes..
- Add the finely diced tomatoes, add little water if it's sticking to the base. Keep stirring..
- Add the turmeric, red chilli, coriander and cumin seeds powder, and keep stirring..
- After stirring for some 5 minutes add the lentils and the gram to the cooker, add water enough to go 2 inches above the Lentil..
- Let the pressure cooker whistle 3 time's on high flame then reduce to low flame n keep it for 10 minutes on the fire..
- After the cooker has cooled down a bit and you are able to open the cooker easily, check if the consistency is very thick add water to it. Add the kokum and let it cook on low flame. Add the tamarind paste..
- In a small pan add the clarified butter once it's hot, add the curry leaves and crushed cloves of garlic. As the garlic becomes golden quickly add this to the cooker n close the lid of the cooker. After 2 minutes open n stir..
- Serve it hot in a bowl. Garnish it with either coriander leaves or mint leaves..
If you find this Red Lentil recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.