Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Murighonto (Fish head curry with lentil) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Murighonto (Fish head curry with lentil) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Choosing to eat healthily provides many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. While we’re incessantly being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that a lot of people feel it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. In reality, however, just making some small changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
These healthier food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. It also has vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. It may be that you already think that you consume fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier since you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Obviously, it’s not at all difficult to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to murighonto (fish head curry with lentil) recipe. To cook murighonto (fish head curry with lentil) you need 13 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Murighonto (Fish head curry with lentil):
- You need 1 cup of yellow Moong Dal.
- You need 1 of Rahu fish head(I use head of a 3kg size Rahu fish).
- Prepare 2 of big Onion chopped.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of Ginger-Garlic paste.
- Use 1 tablespoon of ready-made tomato puree or puree of 2 fresh tomatoe.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of Panchfuran (a bengali whole spice mix).
- Provide 1 of Bay leaf.
- Get 1 teaspoon of Turmeric powder.
- Use 2 teaspoon of Kashmiri red chilli powder.
- You need 2 teaspoon of Coriander-Cumin powder(2 tsp coriander+1tsp cumin).
- Use 2 of Whole dry Red chilli.
- Get 2 of Green chilli.
- Provide 3-4 tablespoon of Mustard oil.
Steps to make Murighonto (Fish head curry with lentil):
- Dry roast moong daal into a pan until light golden brown..
- Let the daal cool and soak in water for an hour..
- Clean and cut the fish head in small pieces as possible..
- Add 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt and rub to the pieces..
- Heat 1and 1/2 tablespoon of mustard oil in a pan and add the fish head pieces..
- Fry them in medium heat until light golden brown. Keep aside..
- Pressure cook soaked daal with salt and 2 cups of water until just soft..
- Heat 2 tablespoon of mustard oil in a saucepan and temper bay leaf, red chilli and paachfuran..
- After few seconds add chopped onion and saute until onions become translucent..
- Add ginger-garlic paste and saute till raw smell of ginger garlic goes off..
- Now add tomato puree, turmeric powder, chilli powder and coriander-cumin powder..
- Saute in medium heat and add 1/2 cup of water.Let the spices cook well in medium heat for few minutes..
- When spices and tomatoes cooks well and oil starts separating from gravy add in the fried fish head..
- Stir to coat spices to fish head,add salt and couple of tablespoon of water, cover and cook in low heat for 10 minutes..
- After 10 minutes remove the cover, fry in spices again for 3-4 minutes. This frying will enhance the flavour of murighonto..
- Next add in cooked daal and mix well with a spatula..
- Add sufficient hot water to make the curry thin, check seasoning and add if necessary..
- Cook in medium heat until murighonto starts boiling and then add some slitted green chillies..
- Further cook in medium low heat for 10 minutes or until gravy comes to your desired consistency. I like the gravy little thin, you can make them thick as well..
If you find this Murighonto (Fish head curry with lentil) recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.