Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Rajma Prawn Curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Rajma Prawn Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Rajma Prawn Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. Poor diet is one factor in illnesses such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. While we’re always being encouraged to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that a lot of people feel it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by making several simple changes.
These sorts of changes are easy to accomplish with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also great for your skin. If you currently are consuming a lot of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with deadly pesticides. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier as you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to rajma prawn curry recipe. To cook rajma prawn curry you need 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Rajma Prawn Curry:
- Provide 1 cup of Rajma (kidney beans) soaked overnight.
- Use 2-3 tbsp of urad dal (Black gram lentil) soaked for 2-3 hours.
- Use 1 cup of prawns cleaned.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of oil.
- You need 2-3 of green cardamoms.
- Prepare 1 inch of cinnamon stick.
- You need 1 of onion chopped.
- Provide 4-5 of cloves.
- Provide 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Use 1 tsp of tomato paste.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Take 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Use 1 tsp of kitchen king masala / garam masala.
- Take to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ghee.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander leaves.
Instructions to make Rajma Prawn Curry:
- Pressure cook the rajma and urad dal in 2 cups water for 7-8 minutes on low flame after the first whistle. Keep aside. Heat oil in a pan and fry the prawns till they change colour. Drain and keep aside..
- Temper the same oil with cardamoms, cinnamon and cloves. Saute for a few seconds. Add the onion and fry till light brown..
- Now add the ginger-garlic paste, tomato paste and all the powdered spices mixed with some water. Saute till the oil separates..
- Add the boiled rajma and the fried prawns. Simmer on a low flame for 2-3 minutes. Adjust water according to the gravy desired..
- When done, add ghee and switch off the flame. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with either plain steamed rice, jeera rice, pulao or any kind of Indian bread..
If you find this Rajma Prawn Curry recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.