Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Vada curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Vada curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vada curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Making the decision to eat healthily has marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who suffer from health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. Most likely, most people believe that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. In reality, though, just making a couple of minor changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping because you most likely pick out many items out of habit. As an example, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? A good healthy option can be porridge oats which have been found to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy every day. If this is not to your liking on its own, try mixing in fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
To sum up, it is not difficult to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to vada curry recipe. To cook vada curry you only need 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Vada curry:
- You need 2 cup of chana(gram) dal.
- Prepare 3 of dry chillies.
- Prepare 2 of big onions.
- Prepare 2 of medium sized tomatoes.
- Provide 2 of green chillies.
- Provide 10 of curry leaves.
- Get 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Get 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- Take 1/2 cup of coconut milk.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- Use 2 of cardamom.
- Take 2 of cloves.
- You need 1 of small cinnamon stick.
- Take 2 tsp of fennel seeds.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Provide 2 cup of Water.
- Use 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Take 3 tsp of Oil.
Instructions to make Vada curry:
- Soak the chana dal for 3 -5 hours and soak the red chillies in 1/4 cup water for 15 minutes.
- Grind the tomatoes and ginger-garlic paste into a puree..
- Strain the water and add the chana dal into a blender then add one tsp fennel seeds, red chilies, and salt into a grind it by adding little water if needed. then pressure cook it in the idli cooker for 15 minutes by flatten them into a vada shape. Once it is cooked break them into a small pieces.
- Heat oil in a Kadai, add the fennel seeds, cinnamon stick, cardamom, cloves, bay leaf once the oil is hot.fry it for 30 seconds next add curry leaves and green chilies next add the chopped onions and fry it till it turns translucent in colour.
- Next, add the tomato puree and stir it for a few minutes and add chilli powder, coriander powder, and salt in it and give a mix.later add the small broken vada pieces mix it again add some water and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Once it starts to simmer add the coconut milk and when it starts to boil switch it off and garnish it with some chopped coriander leaves and serve it hot with dosa, puri or idli..
If you find this Vada curry recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.