Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chettinad Chicken Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chettinad Chicken Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Making the decision to eat healthily has great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who suffer from diseases such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a bad way. People typically believe that healthy diets call for a lot of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. In reality, however, merely making some small changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
If you want to see results, it is definitely not essential to drastically change your eating habits. It’s not a bad idea if you wish to make big changes, but the most important thing is to bit by bit switch to making healthier eating choices. Soon enough, you will probably discover that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds become accustomed to the change. As with many other habits, change takes place over a period of time and as soon as a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you will not feel the need to revert to your old diet.
Obviously, it’s not difficult to begin incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chettinad chicken curry recipe. To make chettinad chicken curry you need 25 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Chettinad Chicken Curry:
- Use 1 kg of Indian desi chicken.
- Provide 300 gm of Madras onions, sliced.
- You need 2 tbsp of ghee.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare To taste of Salt.
- You need 15 of curry leaves.
- Get of For masala paste.
- Get 2 tbsp of coriander seeds.
- Get 1 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of black peppercorns.
- Take 1 tbsp of fennel seeds.
- You need 5 of cloves.
- Use 4 of green cardamons.
- Get 2 of star anise.
- Take 1 inch of cinnamon bark.
- Use 2 of stone flower (kalpasi/dagad phool).
- Use 5 of red chilli (spicy but not colour).
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 1-2 of strings of mace.
- Take 7-8 of cashewnuts.
- Get 10 cloves of garlic.
- Provide 1 inch of ginge sliced.
- Use 1/4 tsp of Fenugreek seeds.
- Provide 1 tsp of tamarind pulp.
- Get 1/2 cup of fresh grated coconut.
Instructions to make Chettinad Chicken Curry:
- Firstly clean the chicken. My personal preference is desi chicken but you can use broiler or english chicken. Add half a lemon juice and turmeric powder. Mix it well and let it marinade for atleast half an hour.
- Slice the onions. Accumulate all the spices for the spice mix masala paste. Dry roast all the masala, except for Fenugreek seeds and grated coconut. Midway add the garlic and ginger and roast till the spices are well roasted and brown. Remove it in a plate and allow it to cool. This is essential for the brown colour of the gravy. Dry roast the coconut till it turns brown..
- Transfer the roasted spices and coconut along with the garlic and ginger to a mixer grinder. Add the Fenugreek seeds along with the tamarind, add some water and make a fine paste..
- In a pot or a kadhai add ghee and let it heat on high flame. Add the sliced onions and saute it till it becomes soft. Add the curry leaves and saute it till it starts turning brown. Add the chicken at this stage and stir well for 4-5 mins. The chicken will release water and it will evaporate during this process. Add the masala paste and stir well. Use water to use every bit of the masala paste in the grinder. Add 3-4 cups of water. Add salt as per taste..
- Let it come to a boil on high flame and then cover the lid and let it simmer on medium flame. After 10 mins stir and check the chicken. Cover the lid and let it cook for another 10 mins till the chicken is perfectly cook. Desi chicken should take 25-30 mins while broiler chicken would take about 20 mins. Turn off the gas and let the chicken sit in the pot so that chicken is cooked to perfection and the flavours get absorbed in the chicken. Serve it with steamed rice..
If you find this Chettinad Chicken Curry recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.