Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Thai Massaman Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Thai Massaman Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Thai Massaman Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for doing this. Poor diet is a leading factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets call for much work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make some simple changes that can start to make a difference to our everyday eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping as you most probably purchase lots of food items out of habit. As an example, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see its sugar content. Eating a bowl of oatmeal will provide you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, try adding fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
To sum up, it is not difficult to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to thai massaman curry recipe. You can cook thai massaman curry using 23 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Thai Massaman Curry:
- Prepare 350 g of Chicken Meat (cut into pieces).
- Provide 300 g of Potatoes (diced).
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of Cooking Oil.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Tamarind Paste (soaked in 1/2 cup warm water).
- Use 1 cup of Coconut Milk.
- Prepare 1-2 Tbsp of Palm Sugar.
- Take of [Marinade].
- Use 2 pinches of Salt (or more).
- Take 1/2 tsp of White Pepper (or more).
- Provide of [Massaman Spice Mix] – ground well.
- You need 1 pc of Cinnamon Stick.
- Prepare 5 pc of Cardamom Pods.
- You need 5 pc of Cloves.
- Prepare 5 pc of Black peppercorns.
- Take 1 tsp of Cumin Seeds.
- Use of [Curry Paste] – processed in a blender.
- Provide 30 g of Red Chillies (deseed).
- Prepare 30 g of Green Chillies (deseed).
- Prepare 40 g of Garlic.
- Get 40 g of Shallots.
- Take 20 g of Finger.
- Take 20 g of Galangal.
- Provide 1 tsp of Shrimp Paste.
Steps to make Thai Massaman Curry:
- MARINADE; season the Chicken with Salt and Pepper and set aside for 30 minutes or more..
- CHICKEN: heat 4 Tbsp of Cooking Oil until hot. Sauté the Spice Mix for 1 minute. Then add the Chicken and coat well. Cook the Chicken until brown all over..
- PASTE & POTATOES: add the Curry Paste and Potatoes. Mix well and cook until the oil separates..
- LIQUIDS: then add in the Coconut Milk, Tamarind Juice, Palm Sugar and mix well. Bring it to a simmer and cover with a lid. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring the bottom occasionally..
- FINISH: after 10 minutes, remove the lid, and continue to cook until the gravy thickens. Garnish with Fresh Coriander Leaves and serve with rice..
If you find this Thai Massaman Curry recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.